Apartment Resident Assistant - UA North
Help make University Apartments North a great place to live for everybody! Become an Apartment Resident Assistant (ARA)!
How To Become an ARA
Recruitment process timeline for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 12pm, Noon (PST): Graduate and Undergraduate Housing ARA Application Opens.
* Application Link
- Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 12pm, Noon (PST): Application Closes.
- January 31, 2022 - February 3, 2022: Individual Interviews.
- We aim to send offer letters by the end of February 2022.
*In the event that the timeline changes, candidates will be notified.
RA INFORMATION SESSION
The Recruitment Committee encourages potential candidates to attend an RA info session! This is an opportunity to learn more about the position from current ARAs, have your questions answered, and better understand the recruitment process.
- Thursday, November 18, 2021, 6:00pm - 7:00pm on Zoom.
- Recording link
FAQ: Housing Application for ARA Candidates
I am applying to be an ARA, should I still apply for housing?
Yes - If you are interested in living in university housing, we encourage you to submit a housing application by the deadline. In the event that you are hired, your deposit will be returned.
What is an Apartment Resident Assistant?
Apartment Resident Assistants (ARA) are live-in, part-time (44%) student staff. ARAs are responsible for the administration and implementation of the community development and student support program in a residential community. Under the supervision of a Community Director or Resident Director, ARAs perform the following functions:
- Foster and develop community among residents
- Counsel residents regarding problems or concerns and provide resource and referral information
- Maximize positive resident interaction and their interaction with the campus community
- Promote, develop, and implement programs to meet departmental goals
- Know and enforce University Apartments Housing Regulations and document any student concerns
- Help to maintain the safety and general well-being of residents
- Provide Duty coverage for the off campus housing community on a rotating basis. ARAs provide coverage from 8:00pm to 7:00am
- Other duties as assigned
The functions of all ARAs are the same; however the manner in which functions are implemented may vary according to the specific community assignment.
Compensation and Perks
- Room & bi-weekly stipend
- Get résumé boosting experience in leadership, problem-solving and communications.
- It’s a really fun job and you get to make a real difference in the Bruin community!
Dates of Employment
Candidates are considered for an appointment of the full academic year (10 months) to a University Apartment undergraduate or graduate off-campus community. Employment will start with training either the last week of August or the first week of September 2022. Employment start date and training details will be provided to those selected for hire to consider before accepting job offer. Participation in Fall training and ongoing training during the academic year is mandatory.
- Current undergraduate or graduate UCLA student at time of employment (must maintain full-time enrollment per quarter.
- Undergraduate Housing ARA position is open to all undergraduate students. Preference for current UAN residents, transfer students, and current/prior RAs and Resident Government Council members.
- The Graduate Housing ARA position is open to all current and incoming graduate students with preference is given to current students or students with previous Residential Life experience.
- Maintain 2.3 minimum cumulative GPA at time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- Employment in the Apartment Resident Assistant job is contingent on successfully passing background checks including student conduct records and state/national crime records.
If you have questions about your specific employment eligibility (ex. student visas), you can contact HR@orl.ucla.edu
For general questions about this position or the recruitment process, please email ResLifeUA@orl.ucla.edu
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA North
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA South
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Technician
- Food Service Worker
- Learning Centers Consultant
- Learning Centers Supervisor
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistant - Hill
- Office Assistant - University Apartments North
- Office Assistant] - University Apartments South
- Program and Event Management Student Supervisor
- Programming Board Intern
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- RISE Student Ambassador
- Study Hall Proctor
- Volunteer Center Program Coordinator