Apartment Resident Assistant - UA North
Help make University Apartments North a great place to live for everybody! Become an Apartment Resident Assistant (ARA)!
How To Become an ARA
Recruitment process timeline for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Monday, March 22, 2021: Graduate Housing ARA Written Application Opens. Please note that the Undergraduate ARA position is currently only open to current RAs.
- Graduate Housing ARA Application: *Must be a graduate student to apply.* https://reslife.ucla.edu/z/n9cmjs72x6b5gqhfyat8
- Monday, April 5, 2021 at 12pm, Noon (PST): Written Application Closes.
- April 26, 2021 - May 7, 2021: Individual Interviews.
- We aim to send offer letters by the end of May 2021.
*In the event that the timeline changes or there are delays in the process, candidates will be contacted and notified.
FAQ: Housing Application for ARA Candidates
I am applying to be an ARA, should I still apply for housing?
Yes - If you are interested in living in university housing, we encourage you to submit a housing application by the deadline. In the event that you are hired, your deposit will be returned.
What is an Apartment Resident Assistant?
Apartment Resident Assistants (ARA) are live-in, part-time (44%) student staff. ARAs are responsible for the administration and implementation of the community development and student support program in a residential community. Under the supervision of a Community Director, ARAs perform the following functions:
- Foster and develop community among residents
- Counsel residents regarding problems or concerns and provide resource and referral information
- Maximize positive resident interaction and their interaction with the campus community
- Promote, develop, and implement programs to meet departmental goals
- Know and enforce University Apartments Housing Regulations and document any student concerns
- Help to maintain the safety and general well-being of residents
- Provide Duty coverage for the off campus housing community on a rotating basis. ARAs provide coverage from 8:00pm to 7:00am
- Other duties as assigned
The functions of all ARAs are the same; however the manner in which functions are implemented may vary according to the specific community assignment.
Compensation and Perks
- Room & bi-weekly stipend
- Get résumé boosting experience in leadership, problem-solving and communications.
- It’s a really fun job and you get to make a real difference in the Bruin community!
Dates of Employment
Candidates are considered for an appointment of the full academic year (10 months) to a University Apartment undergraduate or graduate off-campus community. Employment will start with training either the last week of August or the first week of September 2021. Employment start date and training details will be provided to those selected for hire to consider before accepting job offer. Participation in Fall training and ongoing training during the academic year is mandatory.
- Current undergraduate or graduate UCLA student at time of application (must maintain full-time enrollment per quarter.
- Undergraduate student required qualifications: previous Lead Resident Assistant experience, or more than one year as a Resident Assistant.
- Graduate student required qualifications: previous Residential Life or applicable experience.
- Maintain 2.3 minimum cumulative GPA at time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- Employment in the Apartment Resident Assistant job is contingent on successfully passing background checks including student conduct records and state/national crime records
If you have questions about your specific employment eligibility (ex. student visas), you can contact HR@orl.ucla.edu
For general questions about this position or the recruitment process, please email ResLifeUA@orl.ucla.edu
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA North
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA South
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Technician
- Learning Centers Consultant
- Learning Centers Supervisor
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistant - Hill
- Office Assistant - University Apartments North
- Office Assistant] - University Apartments South
- Program and Event Management Student Supervisor
- Programming Board Intern
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- RISE Student Ambassador
- Study Hall Proctor
- Volunteer Center Program Coordinator