Arts Engagement Intern
We are leveraging the transformative power of the arts to foster student development and make a difference on campus. Seeking producers, designers, community organizers, and arts enthusiasts who want to develop their skills and portfolios in arts management by overseeing specific programs and participating in team-oriented learning forums.
Internships (up to 10 hours per week) are offered for current UCLA undergraduate students who provide coordination for Residential Life Arts Engagement in three distinct areas of arts engagement and student development. The available internships are: Teaching Artist, Community Manager, and Theatre Season Producer. Each incumbent coordinates ongoing arts-related initiatives to foster students’ wellbeing, sense of belonging and connection, social responsibility, and creativity. Supervisor(s) will work with the student’s schedule to set work hours which may change weekly depending on workflow and unit needs. Arts Engagement Interns will be directly supervised by the Arts Engagement Coordinator and indirectly supervised by the Program Director of Arts Engagement, which is based in UCLA Residential Life, a department in the Division of Student Affairs. These positions primarily work on-site, on campus and in University-owned housing.
Each intern will have duties related to the program(s) they are responsible for overseeing, and will be expected to participate in:
- Weekly Team Meetings: Every week we will come together as a team to discuss challenges and opportunities, seek synergies in our work, and stay current in relevant topics and research related to the arts and arts management.
- Quarterly Team Training & Development: Each quarter we will have a day-long training and development experience focused on teambuilding and professional skills.
Position Specific Responsibilities
In addition to the responsibilities listed above there are position specific responsibilities:
Theatre Season Producer
- Organize the 21-22 season of student-initiated plays and related programming in Northwest Campus Auditorium (NWCA)
- Support student groups as co-programmer, and provide leadership development to season participants
- Connect theatre programming with department and divisional priorities and learning outcomes.
- Organize and support arts programs in residential communities
- Manage Art Supply Checkout program
- Design & lead workshops that bolster department and divisional priorities and learning outcomes with an emphasis on health and wellbeing.
Arts Engagement Network Community Manager
- Coordinates communication and engagement with our network of arts-interested students through weekly newsletter, social media channels, and relationship-building workshops/events;
- Connects students with arts opportunities, drawing connections to department and divisional priorities and learning outcomes.
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Pay rate: $15.50 and hour
Questions and Interest
Hiring for 2021-22 has completed. To learn about other leadership opportunities for arts-interested students on campus, email us at email@example.com
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA North
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA South
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Technician
- Food Service Worker
- Learning Centers Consultant
- Learning Centers Supervisor
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistant - Hill
- Office Assistant - University Apartments North
- Office Assistant] - University Apartments South
- Program and Event Management Student Supervisor
- Programming Board Intern
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- RISE Student Ambassador
- Study Hall Proctor
- Volunteer Center Program Coordinator