Audio Visual Technician
Program & Event Management is looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our dynamic team. We are seeking students who are interested in flexible hours and utilizing their technical skills and capabilities. We offer the opportunity to gain professional technical event experience. We are confident that you will make new friends… and have fun while you work!
Residential Life’s on-call team of Audio Visual Technicians play a vital role in making possible a wide range of programs and events that take place within the residential community. These activities include: theatrical productions, concerts, large-scale social events, and much more!
A/V Tech responsibilities include the following:
- Setup, execution, and strike of single day and on‐going productions as directed.
- Work with student technicians and other staff in setting up and executing event operations.
- Observe and enforce all safety procedures.
- Demonstrate positive relationships and professionalism.
- With direction from PSC and A/V Systems Specialist, coordinate with campus partners and outside vendors to facilitate event operations.
- Work autonomously to complete complex technical tasks.
- Carry out necessary pre- and post- event equipment checks and proactively identify potential issues with event equipment.
- Diagnose first line faults that arise and assist with their resolution.
- Check email regularly for important updates, announcements, and general staff communication.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Qualifications and Benefits
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of professional and consumer audiovisual equipment, including but not limited to: microphones, mixers, video switchers, signal processors, loudspeakers, lighting consoles, projectors, laptop computers.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of installed audiovisual systems and integrated multi-media control systems (Crestron and Extron).
- Extensive knowledge of lighting, sound, and video design and terminology.
- Extensive experience programming sound and lighting consoles.
- Extensive experience with sound mixing, video switching, and lighting cue playback for live events.
- Ability to work closely and successfully with outside talent, student programmers, and other technicians.
- Must be able to work well under the pressure of live event situations and make quick, sound judgments while handling multiple tasks.
- Skill in working independently with minimal supervision while following through on delegated tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
Starting pay for Audio Visual Technicians is $15.00 per hour. All staff receive $.62/hr shift differential for 4 or more continuous hours worked between 5pm - 8am.
Talk to Edgar Jimenez or Andy Zepp to find out if joining our team could be the perfect job for you! Email email@example.com or call 310-206-2914
Applications for Fall 2017 are now open!
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Learning Center Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Support Assistant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor