Under the direction of the supervising Community Director, the Community Assistant (CA) will design and implement educational, cultural, recreational, social programs and resource delivery tailored to the graduate and/or family communities within UCLA University Apartments South (UAS). CA’s will also collaborate and liaise with the UAS Residents Association and Apartment Coordinators to provide programs and services. In addition, the CA will work with campus services and academic departments to connect with their respective residents.
There are currently 2 Community Assistant position openings.
- UAS - University Village 
- UAS - Venice/Barry, Keystone/Mentone & Rose Avenue 
- Survey and assess needs of residents in your community
- Design, implement, and evaluate educational, cultural, recreational, and social programs
- Publicize and market programs and services
- Attend individual meetings with supervisor
- Attend Team meetings
- Manage reservation system for communal space
- Manage online presence for designated community
- Provide weekly reports as to progress of work
- Respond to resident concerns and requests for assistance
- Maintain office hours at designated office space
- Work will include evening and weekend hours throughout the year
- Be a full-time student at UCLA
- Live in the appropriate University Apartments community
- Must have a UCLA housing contract in one of the above University Apartments community
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.3 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform assigned functions. Previous college/university community living experience preferred. Previous experience in survey, design, and implementation of programs and events for college/university students. Student leadership experience.
- The successful candidates must participate in training during initial on-boarding.
- Participate in Fall (September) and Winter (January) training.
- Participate in student/residential staff in-service training throughout the year.
Pay rate: $15.00 per hour. The position hours are flexible between 15-19 hours per week (35-49% time appointment).
Students cannot work more than 20 hours per week (49% time appointment) without an exception. If you have other university employment (GSR, TA, RA, etc.), and are a graduate student, an exception must be granted by your department and Graduate Division. Exceptions to work more than 75% time are rarely granted. Residential Life will assist with preparing and submitting paperwork once hiring decisions have been made.
- Application available: February 4, 2020 at 8:00am (PST)
- Application deadline: Open until filled
- 30 minute interviews will occur as applications are reviewed, and will conclude once all positions have been filled. Interviews will take place in the University Apartments South Residential Life office.
For additional information about this position or the recruitment process, please email ResLifeUAS@orl.ucla.edu.
Employment contingent upon satisfactory completion of background check. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Management Assistant
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Multimedia Assistant
- Multimedia Lead
- Multimedia Supervisor
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Assistant
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Technology Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor