The Community Assistant position is responsible for event management and resource delivery to two (2) graduate and/or family communities within UCLA University Apartments . This is typically a one year appointment that starts in July and ends June 30th, with the possibility of renewal each year.
We are hiring a total of 2 CAs, who will serve the below communities:
* University Apartments South - University Village 
* University Apartments South - Mixed Use (Venice/Barry, Keystone/Mentone, Rose Ave, Clarington) 
- Be a full-time student at UCLA
- Live in the appropriate University Apartments community
- Must have a UCLA housing contract in one of the above University Apartments community
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.3 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Under the direction of the Supervising Community Director, the CA will design and implement educational, cultural, recreational, and social programs tailored to the needs of their residential community. CA’s will also collaborate and liaise with Residents’ Association(s) and Apartment Coordinators to provide programs and services. In addition, the CA will work with campus services and academic departments to connect with their respective residents.
- Survey and assess needs of residents in your community
- Design, implement, and evaluate educational, cultural, recreational, and social programs
- Publicize and market programs and services
- Host periodic community meetings
- Attend individual meetings with supervisor
- Attend Team meetings
- Manage reservation system for communal space
- Manage online presence for designated community
- Provide weekly reports as to progress of work
- Respond to resident concerns and requests for assistance
- Maintain office hours at designated office space
- Work will include evening and weekend hours throughout the year
- Participate in Summer (July) training with fellow CAs
- Participate in Fall training (September) with fellow Residential Life student staff
- Participate in student staff in-service training throughout the year
Skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform assigned functions. Previous college/university community living experience preferred. Previous experience in survey, design, and implementation of programs and events for college/university students. Student leadership experience.
Pay rate: $15.00 per hour. The position hours are flexible between 15-19 hours per week (35-49% time appointment).
Students cannot work more than 20 hours per week (49% time appointment) without an exception. If you have other university employment (GSR, TA, RA, etc.), and are a graduate student, an exception must be granted by your department and Graduate Division. Exceptions to work more than 75% time are rarely granted. Residential Life will assist with preparing and submitting paperwork once hiring decisions have been made.
- Application available: June 4, 2018 at 8:00am (PST)
- Application deadline: June 18, 2018 at 12:00pm (PST)
- 30 minute interviews will occur as applications are reviewed, and will conclude once all positions have been filled. Interviews will take place in the Weyburn Residential Life office.
For additional information about this position or the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment contingent upon satisfactory completion of background check. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Technology Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Support Assistant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor