Event Management Assistant
Program & Event Management is looking to recruit a team of logistically savvy and detail-oriented Event Management Assistants to coordinate large-scale events on the Hill.
We are confident that you will learn new event management skills, enjoy partnering with student groups and/or academic partners, make new friends… and have fun too while you work!
Event Management Assistants play a vital role in organizing events proposed to and approved by the Funding and Advisory Board. Event Management Assistants will collaborate with student groups or academic partners on their approved proposal and assist in executing the event.
- Meet with event proposers
- Reserve event spaces
- Coordinate venue set-up, audio/visual tech needs, and other resources
- Advise on Residential Life rules and regulations
- Meeting 1:1 with advisor on a regular basis
- Committing 5-8 hours a week
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Qualifications and Benefits
- Prior event management experience is helpful, but not required.
- Receive paid training and continue to grow and learn on the job.
- Work shifts can be flexible in order to fit your schedule.
The current salary for this Event Management Assistant role is $14.25 per hour.
Talk to the Event Management Assistant Advisor (Azeb Guesh) to find out if joining our team could be the perfect job for you! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-206-2914.
Applications for the 2019-20 Academic Year are now closed. If you are interested in the position for the 2020-2021 school year, please check back in Spring Quarter.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Management Assistant
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Multimedia Assistant
- Multimedia Lead
- Multimedia Supervisor
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Assistant
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Technology Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor