Media Specialists are part-time employees of UCLA Residential Life and support the media production efforts of UCLA Housing & Residential Life. These staff members work under the supervision of the Media Team Manager. The Media Team is seeking students to aid in the storytelling and conveying of the authentic student experience living with university-owned housing. We’re looking for a student with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion to work in the creative industry. We’re looking for a creative thinker and problem solver who is able to handle a variety of duties including photography, video pre/post production, graphic design and social media duties, leadership development, and more.
WORK STUDY ELIGIBLE!!
Each Media Team Specialist is expected to attend student staff training and work 10-19 hours per week.
Media Team disciplines include:
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- GRAPHIC DESIGN
- VIDEO PRODUCTION
- Successful completion of position specific training.
- Production of creative content as assigned.
- Attendance at weekly staff meetings and timely submission of bi-weekly timesheets.
- Assist in the research & organization of social media/marketing resources + techniques.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an annual social media strategy plan, that aligns with the mission, vision, and goals of UCLA Housing & Residential Life.
- Assist with training sessions related to social media and media production.
- Additional duties as assigned
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
- Knowledge of campus life, vibrant member of multiple on campus communities, physically and online.
- Charisma, comfort meeting new people and a distinct point of view.
- Experience creating content for social media platforms.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
- Photography skills and experience using DLSR cameras.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is an added plus.
Pay rate starts at: $14.25 - 16.50/hour
For additional information about this position or the application process, please contact Residential Life at (310) 825-3401.
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA North
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA South
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Technician
- Food Service Worker
- Learning Centers Consultant
- Learning Centers Supervisor
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistant - Hill
- Office Assistant - University Apartments North
- Office Assistant] - University Apartments South
- Program and Event Management Student Supervisor
- Programming Board Intern
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- RISE Student Ambassador
- Study Hall Proctor
- Volunteer Center Program Coordinator