Social Media Specialist
Media Specialists are part-time employees of UCLA Residential Life and support the media production efforts of UCLA Housing & Residential Life. These staff members work under the supervision of the Media Team Manager.
WORK STUDY ELIGIBLE!!
Each Media Team Assistant is expected to attend student staff training and work 10-19 hours per week.
Media Team disciplines include:
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- GRAPHIC DESIGN
- VIDEO PRODUCTION
- Successful completion of position specific training.
- Production of creative content as assigned.
- Attendance at weekly staff meetings and timely submission of bi-weekly timesheets.
- Assist in the research & organization of social media/marketing resources + techniques.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an annual social media strategy plan, that aligns with the mission, vision, and goals of UCLA Housing & Residential Life.
- Assist with training sessions related to social media and media production.
- Additional duties as assigned
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
- Knowledge of campus life, vibrant member of multiple on campus communities, physically and online.
- Charisma, comfort meeting new people and a distinct point of view.
- Experience creating content for social media platforms.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
- Photography skills and experience using DLSR cameras.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is an added plus.
Pay rate starts at: $12.00/hr
For additional information about this position or the application process, please contact Residential Life at (310) 825-3401.
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Technology Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Program Support Assistant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor