The Programming Assistant positions are live-in positions. Candidates are considered for an academic year appointment to one of the Living Learning Communities. The functions of all Programming Assistants are the same, however the manner in which functions are implemented may vary according to the Living Learning Community.
Under the direct supervision of the Academics Unit Coordinator, the Programming Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Promote, develop, and implement active and passive programming relevant to the Living Learning Community.
- Establish an effective work relationship with the Living Learning Community RAs in order to effectively meet residents’ needs.
- Work closely with the community student government to understand Living Learning Community residents’ needs and concerns, and to encourage their involvement in programs.
- Perform other Living Learning Community programming related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Academics Unit Coordinator.
- Attend a general training session (date and time TBD), other training sessions as assigned, and bi-weekly staff meetings (date and time TBD).
- Meet regularly with the Academics Unit Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.3 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform assigned functions. You must be a current resident of the Living Learning Community. Previous group living experience and leadership experience through participation in a formal organization are deemed helpful.
5 hours a week at $11/h
How to Apply
- Audio Visual Technician
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Assistant
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Learning Center Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Summer Resident Assistant (Summer RA)
- Support Assistant
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor