Program Support Technician
Program & Event Management is looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our dynamic team. We are seeking students who are interested in flexible hours and building technical skills and capabilities. We offer a comprehensive training program and advancement opportunities in a progressive environment. We are confident that you will make new friends… and have fun while you work!
Residential Life’s in-house team of Program Support Technicians play a vital role in making possible a wide range of programs and events that take place within the residential community. These activities include: academic courses, theatrical productions, concerts, large-scale social events, training sessions, and much more! From movie screenings and open mic nights, to stage productions and live concerts, Program Support Technicians make the magic happen on the Hill.
PST responsibilities include the following:
- Handling, operation, and strike of a broad range of audiovisual equipment, including audio mixers, passive and powered PA systems, wireless microphones, notebook computers, LCD projectors, DVD and Blu-Ray players, gaming consoles, lighting controllers, and much more.
- Operation of AMX and Crestron controlled audiovisual systems in the residential venues: Bradley International Hall, Covel Commons, De Neve Plaza and the Northwest Campus Auditorium.
- Assisting with management, inventory, and replacement of Residential Life programming equipment.
- Operation of University owned electric vehicles.
- Providing a high level of customer service and general support to student and professional staff events and activities.
- A minimum commitment of 10 hours per week.
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Qualifications and Benefits
- Prior experience in technical fields is preferable but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- All Program Support Technicians receive paid training and continue to grow and learn on the job. Work hours are flexible to fit your schedule, with variable weekday, evening, and weekend shifts.
Starting pay for Program Support Technicians is $12.25 per hour. All staff receive $.62/hr shift differential for 4 or more continuous hours worked between 5pm - 8am.
Talk to a Program Support Coordinator (Edgar Jimenez or Jen Shetland) to find out if joining our team could be the perfect job for you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-206-2914
Applications for Fall 2018 are now open!
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Learning Center Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Support Assistant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor