Living Learning Communities Resident Assistant
Be a part of the Living Learning Communities (LLC) Experience! Apply to be an LLC RA!
What Are the Living Learning Communities?
Residential Life supports 10 Living Learning Communities and the Transfer Experience where students with similar interests live together and participate in programs that cater to their academic, social, and personal needs. Students in an LLC partake in academic experiences with their peers, interact with faculty, and enjoy the benefits of a diverse community that shares scholarly interests.
For more information, check out our website: https://reslife.ucla.edu/livinglearning/
How To Become an LLC Resident Assistant
Recruitment process timeline for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Monday, December 2, 2019: RA Written Application Opens. A confirmation email will be sent once we have received your written application. Link to apply will be posted here.
- Friday, January 3, 2020 at 12pm, Noon (PST): RA Written Application Closes
- Friday, January 3, 2020 by End of Day: All candidates who submitted a complete RA written application will receive the prompts to submit video responses to the questions.
- Monday, January 6, 2020 at 12pm, Noon (PST): Video Responses Due
- Friday, January 31, 2020 by End of Day: Candidates moving forward in the process will receive an invitation to a group interview.
- Monday, February 3, 2020 by 12pm, Noon (PST): RA Group Interview Sign Up Due
- Friday, February 14, 2020 by End of Day: Offer Letters Sent Out
Note: LLC RAs will go through the same application process as traditional RAs, but must also complete a brief supplemental application. To be eligible for the LLC RA position, student must currently be in the RA application pool. For information about that process, please refer to the Resident Assistant Employment Page.
What is a Living Learning Communities Resident Assistant?
LLC Resident Assistants (RA) have the opportunity to shape a student’s experience in one of our 10 Living Learning Communities and the Transfer Experience. They share in the responsibilities of a Resident Assistant, and contribute to the LLC in the following ways:
- Participate in recruitment of Community Development Intern for LLC (reviewing app + interviewing)
- Attend two quarterly meetings with LLC staff
- Meet with LLC team weekly to plan and provide updates
- Send out frequent reminders and updates to all students of the LLC (not just those who live on the floor)
- Work with LLC student group affiliates and liaise with other internal and external organizations
- Meet with LLC affiliated Faculty in Residence at least once a quarter
- Work with intern to budget additional LLC funds from the department
- Plan Welcome Reception
Invite campus partners
Connect with faculty and stakeholders
Invite alumni of floor and UCLA alumni seeking involvement
- Coordinate Floor Retreat
Provide a time for students on the floor to get to know one another outside of the building and to bond over their interest in the floor.
- Plan Signature Program
Work with intern to plan a large-scale event that will cater to the UCLA community and engage floor to participate in its planning and implementation.
- Host at least one LLC related program each quarter.
- In spring, meet with involved LLC staff to plan LLC curriculum for the next year
- Over the summer, meet with LLC Coordinator to discuss 9 Deliverables & their implementation
- Meet with LLC intern, RD, and ARD to plan first two weeks of engagement, especially as it relates to the 9 Deliverables
- Attend 3 additional trainings with the entire LLC staff over summer
- Meet with primary stakeholders and campus partners over summer and fall quarter to connect and establish relationships
Additional Perks & Support
- LLC RAs have access to up to $1000 to use toward their own professional development around their LLC theme
- Strong connection with faculty and opportunity to work alongside them for academic collaborations
- Non-cash prizes for completion of LLC related events
For questions about the Living Learning Communities and the LLC RA role, please email: email@example.com
For general questions about this position or the recruitment process, please email RARecruitment@orl.ucla.edu
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Management Assistant
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Multimedia Assistant
- Multimedia Lead
- Multimedia Supervisor
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Assistant
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Technology Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor