Warning: This content is out of date and contains inaccuracies.
Resident Coordinators (RC) are live-in, full-time staff who assist the Resident Directors with implementation of the student development program in the residential facilities. Under the supervision of the Resident Director, the Resident Coordinator will assist with: student staff supervision and training, oversight of program implementation, student government advising, counseling, crisis response (active duty coverage), and creating positive working relationships with colleagues, students and Housing partners.
Competitive candidates will bring to UCLA a passion for working with students, a strong commitment to student development, and an excitement for fostering community. Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Welfare, Education, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (Master’s degree preferred).
- Experience in student activities, working with diverse student populations, and demonstrated supervisory experience preferred.
- A commitment and willingness to engage in complex diversity issues.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, mentoring, and supervision of student staff.
- Experience with program development and event & activity planning.
- Experience in counseling and student advising.
Continued employment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background investigation.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- An unfurnished on-campus apartment which includes utilities, internet, and CATV for self and family (pet- friendly).
- 10 meals / week meal plan.
- The University of California offers a comprehensive benefits package (chr.ucla.edu/benefits) including medical, dental, legal, life, and retirement plans.
- Residential Life offers generous allowances for professional development opportunities.
How to apply
The application for this position is located on the UCLA careers website (hr.mycareer.ucla.edu). Search for Department Name: 3165 - Office of Residential Life (AVC) for current openings.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audio Visual Technician
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Assistant
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Learning Center Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Support Assistant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor