Resident Learning Center Consultant
APPLICATIONS FOR 2016/2017 WILL BE AVAILABLE IN MID-MARCH
The Resident Learning Center Consultant (RLCC) is a live-on position that is responsible for providing on campus housing residents with technical education via innovative programs and developmental workshops.
What does it mean to be a Resident Learning Center Consultant?
RLCCs live on campus with the residents (one per residential community holding workshops and programs designed to enhance resident’s technical skills & abilities. RLCCs also assist in the development and implementation of larger scale programs (i.e. Tech Fair).
How much time does the RLCC position require?
RLCCs work part-time - 3 hours a week, which includes RLCC team and Residential Building team weekly meetings. Additionally, RLCCs will participate in a two-week training program prior to the Fall Quarter and ongoing training throughout the year.
What are an RLCC’s responsibilities?
In addition to being an employee of UCLA Residential Life and upholding our standards, RLCCs create workshops to teach residents useful technical skills and act as a resource to residents - answering technical questions and advising residents on campus resources.
How much do RLCCs get paid?
RLCCs earn $10.69 per hour and submit a bi-weekly timesheet including the 3 hours of work per week.
What benefits are there to becoming an RLCC?
RLCCs receive a guaranteed housing space allocation, gain technical knowledge, build skills through the development of quarterly programs/assisting in the implementation of large scale programs like Tech Fair and establish relationships within the residential life team.
Under the direct supervision of the Resident Technology Supervisors (RTS) and the Learning Center Managers, the RLCC’s functions include:
- Uphold and comply with all departmental and university standards, policies and regulations
- Maintain professional communications and relationships with staff, colleagues, and supervisors
- Be on time and in attendance for training, meetings, workshops, and other RLCC/UCLA Res Life functions
- Represent UCLA Res Life and the RLCC program in a professional and courteous manner
- Attend weekly RLCC meetings
- Attend weekly residential building meetings established by the Resident Director
- Attend a 2 week long training program prior to the start of the Fall Quarter
- Develop and implement programs/workshops in a timely manner
- Provide the RTS with all appropriate forms from their duties or from their workshops
- Present technically innovative training workshops and programs each quarter while collaborating with team members
- Assist in the presentation of large scale programs
D. Service Expectations
- Advise residents on computer solutions using lab applications
- Advise residents on campus resources and tools
How to Apply
We will be accepting applications for the academic year. To apply, please complete an application [here]
For additional information about this position or the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Housing Government Representative
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Program Coordinator
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Summer Resident Assistant
- Resident Learning Center Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor