Resident Learning Center Consultant
The Resident Learning Center Consultant (RLCC) is preferably a live-on position that is responsible for providing on campus housing residents with technical education via innovative programs, developmental workshops and interactive activities.
What does it mean to be a Resident Learning Center Consultant?
RLCCs usually live on campus within our residential community (one per [residential facility])(http://www.orl.ucla.edu/communities/) and host workshops, programs and activities designed to enagage residential students, inspire them to test their abilities and enhance their technical skills & knowledge and inform them on technical advancements/available resources. RLCCs also assist in the development and implementation of larger scale programs (i.e. Tech Fair and GameFest).
How much time does the RLCC position require?
RLCCs work part-time (5-6 hours per week), which includes their attendance at both the RLCC and their Residential Building weekly team meetings. Additionally, RLCCs are compensated while they participate in a two-week training program prior to Fall Quarter and our ongoing training throughout the year.
What are an RLCC’s responsibilities?
In addition to being an employee of UCLA Residential Life and upholding our standards, RLCCs engage residents in person and virtually, inspire them to test themselves and enhance their technical skills & abilities, as well as inform them through answering technical questions and advising residents on campus resources.
How much do RLCCs get paid?
RLCCs earn $10.75 per hour and submit a bi-weekly timesheet with their 5-6 hours of work per week.
What benefits are there to becoming an RLCC?
RLCCs gain technical knowledge, build skills through training sessions, the development of quarterly programs/assisting in the implementation of large scale programs (i.e. Tech Fair & GameFest) and establish relationships with peers, UCLA Faculty, university staff members and industry professionals.
What are the Minimum Academic Requirements?
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Under the direct supervision of the Resident Technology Supervisors (RTS) and the Learning Center Managers Team, the RLCC’s functions include:
- Uphold and comply with all departmental and university standards, policies and regulations
- Maintain professional communications and relationships with staff, colleagues, and supervisors
- Be on time and in attendance for training, meetings, workshops, and other RLCC/UCLA Res Life functions
- Represent UCLA Res Life and the RLCC program in a professional and courteous manner
- Attend weekly RLCC meetings
- Attend weekly residential building meetings established by the Resident Director
- Attend a 2 week long training program prior to the start of the Fall Quarter
- Develop and implement programs/workshops in a timely manner
- Provide the RTS with all appropriate forms from their duties or from their workshops
- Produce technically innovative training workshops, programs and activities each quarter through collaborative efforts
- Assist in the presentation of large scale programs
D. Service Expectations
- Advise residents on Learning Center offerings
- Advise residents on campus resources and tools
How to Apply
Although applications are not currently available, we anticipate opening the RLCC application shortly (for the 2017/2018 academic year).
For additional information about this position or the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.
- Audio Visual Technician
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Assistant
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Learning Center Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Support Assistant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor