Resident Learning Center Consultant
APPLICATIONS OPEN UNTIL: 9/23/16
POSITION START DATE: OCOTBER 3, 2016
The Resident Learning Center Consultant (RLCC) is preferably a live-on position that is responsible for providing on campus housing residents with technical education via innovative programs, developmental workshops and interactive activities.
During our Fall Training, Housing and Meals will be provided from 9/3/16-9/10/16. Team members will need to transition to their fall assignments (on or off campus) by Saturday, 9/10/16.
What does it mean to be a Resident Learning Center Consultant?
RLCCs usually live on campus within our residential community (one per [residential facility])(http://www.orl.ucla.edu/communities/) and host workshops, programs and activities designed to enagage residential students, inspire them to test their abilities and enhance their technical skills & knowledge and inform them on technical advancements/available resources. RLCCs also assist in the development and implementation of larger scale programs (i.e. Tech Fair and GameFest).
How much time does the RLCC position require?
RLCCs work part-time (5-6 hours per week), which includes their attendance at both the RLCC and their Residential Building weekly team meetings. Additionally, RLCCs are compensated while they participate in a two-week training program prior to Fall Quarter and our ongoing training throughout the year.
What are an RLCC’s responsibilities?
In addition to being an employee of UCLA Residential Life and upholding our standards, RLCCs engage residents in person and virtually, inspire them to test themselves and enhance their technical skills & abilities, as well as inform them through answering technical questions and advising residents on campus resources.
How much do RLCCs get paid?
RLCCs earn $10.69 per hour and submit a bi-weekly timesheet with their 5-6 hours of work per week.
What benefits are there to becoming an RLCC?
RLCCs gain technical knowledge, build skills through training sessions, the development of quarterly programs/assisting in the implementation of large scale programs (i.e. Tech Fair & GameFest) and establish relationships with peers, UCLA Faculty, university staff members and industry professionals.
Under the direct supervision of the Resident Technology Supervisors (RTS) and the Learning Center Managers Team, the RLCC’s functions include:
- Uphold and comply with all departmental and university standards, policies and regulations
- Maintain professional communications and relationships with staff, colleagues, and supervisors
- Be on time and in attendance for training, meetings, workshops, and other RLCC/UCLA Res Life functions
- Represent UCLA Res Life and the RLCC program in a professional and courteous manner
- Attend weekly RLCC meetings
- Attend weekly residential building meetings established by the Resident Director
- Attend a 2 week long training program prior to the start of the Fall Quarter
- Develop and implement programs/workshops in a timely manner
- Provide the RTS with all appropriate forms from their duties or from their workshops
- Produce technically innovative training workshops, programs and activities each quarter through collaborative efforts
- Assist in the presentation of large scale programs
D. Service Expectations
- Advise residents on Learning Center offerings
- Advise residents on campus resources and tools
How to Apply
We will be accepting applications for the academic year. To apply, please complete an application [here]
For additional information about this position or the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audio Visual Technician
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Housing Government Representative
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Program Coordinator
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Summer Resident Assistant
- Support Assistant
- Resident Learning Center Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor