Residential Technology Consultant
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR FALL 2019 RESIDENTIAL TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANTS
The Residential Technology Consultants (RTC) are part-time UCLA Residential Life Learning Center student staff members who work in the On Campus Housing facilities. Team members foster collaboration through the technical support of campus student group programs, and UCLA Department & Corporate Partner efforts. RTCs facilitate engagement via marketing & promotional campaigns, presenting workshops, product demonstrations and larger scale programs (i.e. TechFair and GameFest).
General Roles and Responsibilities
RTC team members work between 8-10 hours per week during the academic year (weekdays and weekends) and will participate in a compensated training program (fall training is scheduled to begin on Monday, September 16, 2019; training for mid-year hires will be coordinated independently). Team members will participate in a yearlong developmental program designed to enhance their skill sets in areas to include: public presentation; Adobe Office Suite Software proficiency; basic video production and editing - Premiere; music production with Ableton; 3D Printing through the UCLA Rieber Hall Maker Space; Video game console connectivity and operation; and an overall awareness of current technological advancement.
What are an RTC’s responsibilities?
In addition to upholding our standards as a member of the UCLA Residential Life team, RTCs engage residents in person and virtually, inspire them to test themselves and enhance their technical skills & abilities, as well as inform them through answering technical questions and advising residents on campus resources.
How much do RTCs get paid?
RTCs earn $13.50 per hour and submit a bi-weekly timesheet.
What are the benefits to being an RTC?
RTCs are members of both the 100+ Learning Centers/Media/MMAC/Makerspace and 400+ Residential Life student teams. Through interactive training sessions and workshops, team members will enhance their interpersonal, and technical skills while gaining insight on the ever changing field of technology (ex. computers, wireless technology, gaming, video production, music production and innovative Makerspace efforts). Team members will build professional relationships with peers, UCLA Faculty, university staff member and industry professionals.
WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS?
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Under the direct supervision of the Learning Center Management Team, the RTC’s will:
- Uphold and comply with all departmental and university standards, policies and regulations
- Maintain professional communications and relationships with staff, colleagues, and supervisors
- Be on time and in attendance for training, meetings, workshops, and other RTC/UCLA Res Life functions
- Represent UCLA Residential Life and the RTC program in a professional & courteous manner
- Attend all required training
- Attend weekly RTC meetings & other gatherings as directed
- Develop and implement programs & workshops as scheduled
- In a timely manner, communicate with the Resident Technology Supervisors (RTS) and provide required documents as requested
- Role model proper use and demonstrate functionality of Learning Center, MMAC and Makerspace resources
- Produce technically innovative training workshops, programs and activities each quarter
- Collaborate with departmental, campus wide and corporate partners to provide students access to resources for their growth and development
- Support outreach and marketing efforts for Learning Centers, MMAC and Makerspace efforts
- Contribute to developmental engagement, both in person (at resource fairs) and in online platforms
- Technical Support for programs developed in collaboration with campus departments and student groups
- Be familiar with and share campus resources
- Assist in the presentation of large scale programs
Applications will be accepted until all positions have been filled. To apply, please complete an application [here]
For additional information about this position or the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Management Assistant
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Multimedia Assistant
- Multimedia Lead
- Multimedia Supervisor
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Assistant
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Technology Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor