Resident Technology Supervisor
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR FALL 2019 RESIDENT TECHNOLOGY SUPERVISORS
The Resident Technology Supervisor (RTS) student position is responsible for assisting in the management and maintenance of the UCLA Residential Life Learning Centers/computer labs as well as assisting in the supervision of the Learning Center Consultants and Resident Technology Consultants positions on a part-time (49%) basis. This position’s responsibilities include student programming, scheduling, administration and technical lab maintenance.
These functions include:
- Assist in the selection, training and directing the work activities of 50+ Learning Center Student Staff
- Coordinate RTC Scheduling and Workshops
- Coordinate LCC Scheduling
- Maintain records of LCC and RTC infractions, and follow-up with Learning Center Management
- Advise LCC’s and RTC’s on technical issues
- Oversee and monitor individual, group, and staff-initiated events
- Provide weekly and quarterly technical training for the LCC’s and RTC’s
- Auditing for the computer labs: Maintain audit files, Complete audit reports monthly, Monitor print accounting
- Paper and supply distribution for the computer labs
- Drive electric cart for rounds and paper distribution
- Organize large scale programs such as TechFair and GameFest
- Oversee all RTC workshops: Schedule workshops (rooms and equipment), Equipment and Resource Administration, Maintain records for RTC workshops, Liaison with other ResLife programmers (RA/PA/ARD)
- Maintain workstations and troubleshoot tickets submitted by LCC’s
- Maintain and update Learning Centers Wiki page and Lab Web Pages
- Interpret and convey University, Campus and Residence Hall policies, procedures and guidelines relating to computer use
Skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform assigned functions. Position is subject to the California DMV’s “Pull Notice System” and continued employment is contingent upon proof of a satisfactory driving record. Prior experience in student activities, and interaction with diverse student populations preferred.
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
$15 - $16.40 an hour (BOE)
How to Apply
Submit a resume at the following link:
For additional information about this position or the recruitment process, please email email@example.com.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Management Assistant
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Assistant
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Technology Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor