Resident Technology Supervisor
THE RTS RECRUITMENT PROCESS IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
HIRING FOR 2017/2018 WILL BEGIN LATE WINTER QUARTER 2017
The Resident Technology Supervisor (RTS) student position is responsible for assisting in the management of the Residential Computing Labs and Learning Centers as well as assisting in the supervision of the Learning Center Consultant and Resident Learning Center Consultant positions on a part-time (49%) basis. This position’s responsibilities include student programming, scheduling, administration and technical lab maintenance.
These functions include:
- Assist in the selection, training and directing the work activities of 50+ Learning Center Consultants (LCC), 16 Resident Learning Center Consultants (RLCC)
- Coordinate RLCC Scheduling including: Welcome Week, and Workshops
- Coordinate LCC Scheduling
- Maintain records of RLCC infractions, and follow-up with Systems Analyst, Student Computing (SASC)
- Advise RLCC’s and LCC’s on technical issues
- Oversee and monitor individual, group, and staff-initiated events
- Provide weekly and quarterly technical training for the RLCC’s
- Auditing for the computer labs: Maintain audit files, Complete audit reports monthly.
- Print Accounting for the computer labs, including invoicing, auditing, crediting accounts.
- Paper and supply distribution for the computer labs.
- Drive electric cart for rounds and paper distribution.
- Interpret and convey University, Campus and Residence Hall policies, procedures and guidelines relating to computer use.
- Oversee all RLCC workshops: Schedule workshops (rooms and equipment), Equipment and Resource Administration, Maintain records for RLCC workshops, Liaison with other ORL programmers (RA/PA/ARD).
- Maintain KACE Box deployment server, Maintain/Update images.
- Maintain and perform server backups: Oversee tape rotation, test backups.
- Maintain and update RLCC and Lab Web Pages.
- Maintain and administer lab servers running Windows 2008 in an Active Directory environment.
- Maintain workstations and troubleshoot tickets submitted by R/LCCs.
Skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform assigned functions. Position is subject to the California DMV’s “Pull Notice System” and continued employment is contingent upon proof of a satisfactory driving record. Prior experience in student activities, and interaction with diverse student populations preferred.
Starts at $13.50 an hour
How to Apply
Submit a resume at the following link:
For additional information about this position or the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audio Visual Technician
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Assistant
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Learning Center Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Summer Resident Assistant (Summer RA)
- Support Assistant
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor