SOCIAL MEDIA STUDENT SUPERVISOR
The iMedia Social Media Student Supervisor (Undergraduate) is a part-time employee for UCLA Residential Life’s Integrated Media Team (iMedia) and supports the Social Media efforts of Residential Life & Studio 22. This staff member works under the supervision of the iMedia Manager and the Associate Director for Residential Life. *** THIS POSITION IS WORK STUDY ELIGIBLE!!
The Social Media Student Supervisor (SMSS) is expected to work 10-14 hours per week (during weeks 0-9 of the fall, winter and spring academic quarters).
General Position Responsibilities include the following areas:
- Attend and Successfully Complete Training.
- Demonstrate proficiency in accessing and interacting on Residential Life social media sites.
- Attend, contribute to and participate in Staff Meetings (as requested)
- Timely Submission of Bi-Weekly Timesheets.
- Assist in the Training, Assessment, Coordination, Scheduling and Supervision of iMedia Team Members.
- Communicate with supervisor(s)
- Support the academic success of the iMedia Student Team
- Assist in the: conception, creation, execution, measurement, and evaluation of social media, marketing and promotional efforts and programs.
- Assist in the Mentorship of the On Campus Housing Residents’ Video Production Crew (VPC) membership.
- Work collaboratively with iMedia Team members: Social Media Assistants; Graphics Assistants, Video Production Team Members, and other Residential Life Professional, Student Team members & collaborators - to integrate and complete tasks through the application of social media platforms
- Assist in the distribution of information throughout the department, as well as through cross-campus platforms
- Assist in the coordination the scheduled delivery of content/communications, as well as track and maintain platform correspondence
- Assist in the outreach to Residential Life Programmers, and Programming Supervisors
- Assist in the training of iMedia team members
- Support of departmental and university emergency response efforts, via continuous social media outreach and operation, on an as-needed-basis.
- Additional duties as assigned
Skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform assigned functions. Evaluation Standards include: Social Media Experience, Communication Skills, Programming, Ability to Contribute to a Team, Advising, Counseling, and Supervision.
Pay rate: $13.50/hr
For additional information about this position or the application process, please contact the Studio 22 office at 310-206-9876 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA North
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA South
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Technician
- Food Service Worker
- Learning Centers Consultant
- Learning Centers Supervisor
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistant - Hill
- Office Assistant - University Apartments North
- Office Assistant] - University Apartments South
- Program and Event Management Student Supervisor
- Programming Board Intern
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- RISE Student Ambassador
- Study Hall Proctor
- Volunteer Center Program Coordinator