Program & Event Management is looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our energetic team. We are seeking students with flexible hours to provide general support for our team. We offer comprehensive training and advancement opportunities in a dynamic environment. We are confident that you will learn new skills, enjoy the challenge, make new friends… and have fun too while you work!
The Support Assistant position plays a vital role in providing customer service and setting up equipment for classes, events and meetings. Support Assistant responsibilities include the following:
- Operation of tech equipment, incl. projectors, laptops, mics,etc. used for classes and meetings
- Assisting with administrative office tasks for the Program & Event Management unit
- Operation of University owned electric vehicles
- Weekly shifts totaling up to no more than 19.5 hours per week
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Qualifications and Benefits
- Prior experience in technical fields is preferable, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Support Assistants receive paid training and continue to grow and learn on the job.
- Work shifts are flexible, in order to fit your schedule.
Starting pay for Support Assistants is $10.50 per hour.
Talk to a Support Assistant Supervisor (Saryl T. Radwin or Jen Shetland) to find out if joining our team could be the perfect job for you! Email email@example.com or call 310-206-2914.
Currently accepting applications for Fall 2017. The application will close on May 9.
- Audio Visual Technician
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Assistant
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Learning Center Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Support Assistant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor