Program & Event Management Support Assistant
Program & Event Management is looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our energetic team. We are seeking students with flexible hours to provide general support for our team. We offer comprehensive training and advancement opportunities in a dynamic environment. We are confident that you will learn new skills, enjoy the challenge, make new friends… and have fun too while you work!
PEMSAs (Program & Event Management Support Assistants) play a vital role in providing customer service and setting up equipment for classes, events and meetings. General and overall responsibilities include the following:
- Operation of tech equipment, incl. projectors, laptops, mics,etc. used for classes and meetings
- Assisting with administrative office tasks for the Program & Event Management unit
- Operation of University owned electric vehicles
- Weekly shifts totaling up to no more than 19.5 hours per week
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Qualifications and Benefits
- Prior technical experience is helpful, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Support Assistants receive paid training and continue to grow and learn on the job.
- Work shifts can be flexible in order to fit your schedule.
The current salary for this Support Assistant job is $12.00 per hour.
Talk to a PEMSA (Program & Event Management Support Assistant) Supervisor (Saryl T. Radwin or Jen Shetland) to find out if joining our team could be the perfect job for you! Call: 310-206-2914 or email us at: email@example.com
Currently accepting applications for Winter 2019, for the 2018-19 academic year. The application will close sometime in Spring 2018.
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Technology Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Program Support Assistant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor