Studio 22 VIDEO PRODUCTION SENIOR
The Video Production Senior (Undergraduate) are part-time employees for UCLA Office of Residential Life, who support the technical efforts of Studio 22 productions, training and content distribution.
Each Video Production Student Senior (VPS) is expected to work 10-14 hours per week during weeks 0-9 of the fall, winter and spring academic quarters.
WORK STUDY ELIGIBLE!!
Position Responsibilities include the following:
- Attend and Successfully Complete Student Supervisor Training
- Know how to properly use and care for Studio 22 Production Equipment
- Attend and participate in presenting Weekly Staff Meeting
- Submit Bi-Weekly Time sheets on time
- Schedule production teams for projects
- Assess production needs
- Technically Support/Oversee Productions developed for Studio 22 and the On-Campus Housing Residents; Video Production Committee
- Assist in the development of original content for Studio 22 based around the Office of Residential Life “Core 5” principles
- Mentor Video Production Assistants and Video Production Committee members
- Assist in the supervision of development/production/post-production Studio 22 projects and the Video Production Committee projects
- Assist in the monitoring and distribution of supplies for productions
- Contribute in the equipment/supplies acquisition process
- Assist with the hiring of Video Production Assistant staff members
- Support of departmental and university emergency response efforts, via continued operation of Studio 22 and production of new content, on an as-needed-basis
- Communicate with supervisor
- Support the academic success of Video Production Assistants
- Additional duties as assigned
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Position Specific Responsibilities
Studio/Technical Operations (1 position)
- Assist in the development and maintenance of training materials related to single and multi-camera studio productions: lighting, sound, camera, talent , etc…
- Assist in the supervision of staff and use of equipment for studio productions (Keeping safety a priority)
- Assist in the equipping and testing of studio hardware/software & materials.
- Assist in the scheduling and use of Studio 22 facilities & equipment.
- Assist in the Maintenance and Service of Studio 22 Production Equipment
Social Media, Publicity & Outreach (1 Position)
- Assist in the development of outreach, marketing, promotion, and social media campaigns and implementation for Studio 22 Productions
- Assist in the supervision of staff and use of equipment for Social media, publicity and outreach. (Keep safety a priority).
- Assist in coordination/facilitation of the Transport of Equipment to Production Locations.
- Assist in the facilitation of Permit Requests for Location productions.
- Assist in the development of collaborative cross promotion efforts by communicating with RL staff members, campus collaborators and individuals involved in RL Programmatic endeavors (to include: First Year Experience programs; Humanities Community Programs in Hitch; GE Cluster Programs; etc.)
Post-Production & Distribution Operations (1 Position)
- Assist in the development and maintenance of training materials related to Studio 22 Post-Production Efforts (ex. Equipment Setup & Use; Software Demonstration; Editing Guidelines).
- Assist in the supervision of Studio affiliated Post-production efforts (Keeping Safety a priority).
- Assist in the reservation Studio 22 Post-Production Equipment
- Assist in the exporting of projects from Post-Production Equipment.
- Assist in the display and scheduling of content.
- Assist in managing computer space, content storage, and file conversions.
Music & Audio Production (1 Position)
- Assist in the supervision of Studio affiliated Music and audio production efforts (Keeping Safety a priority).
- Assist in the reservation Studio 22 Audio Production Equipment
- Assist in the recording, production of music and audio projects for Studio 22
- Assist in the display and scheduling of Audio related Studio 22 projects.
- Assist in managing computer space, content storage, file conversions and distribution of Studio 22 audio content.
Pay rate: $12.25/hr ($.62/hr shift differential for 4 or more continuous hours worked between 5pm - 8am). Students who qualify for Work Study are strongly encouraged to apply. Each Video Production Student Supervisor (VPS) is expected to work 10 - 17 hours per week during weeks 0-10 of the fall, winter and spring academic quarters.
For additional information about this position or the application process, please contact the Studio office at 310 794-4235 or email@example.com.
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Technology Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Support Assistant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor