Studio 22 VIDEO PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Video Production Student Supervisors (VPSS) are part-time student employees for UCLA Residential Life’s Studio 22 team. These student staff members work under the close supervision of the Principal Producer, and Learning Center Director for Residential Life.
Position Responsibilities include the following
- Attend and Successfully Complete Student Supervisor Training
- Assist with the Supervision of the Student Supervisors
- Assist with the supervision of student team members - in their setup and use of equipment, working with talent, adherence to safety issues while on location for productions
- Role Model and Mentor on the proper use and care of Production Equipment
- Attend and participate in the presentation of Weekly Staff Meeting
- Assist in the scheduling and check out of production equipment
- Problem Solve
- Review show concepts, scripts, productions, edits for content in support of the Residential Life Core 5 Principles
- Assist with the mentoring of undergraduate student staff and Video Production Crew members
- Track projects with the approval and oversight of the Principal Producer
- Monitor expendables
- Contribute in the equipment/supplies acquisition process
- Assist with the hiring of Team members
- Support of departmental emergency response efforts, via continued operation of Studio 22 and other produced productions, on an as needed basis
- Communicate regularly with Principal and Managing Producers
- Meet with the undergraduate student staff members, on an as needed basis
- Submit paperwork (Bi-Weekly Timesheets and reports) in a timely fashion
- Additional duties as assigned
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Pay rate: $13.50/hr ($.52/hr shift differential for 4 or more continuous hours worked between 5 p.m. - 8 a.m.). Students who qualify for Work Study are strongly encouraged to apply. Each Video Production Student Supervisor is expected to work 12 - 17 hours per week during weeks 0-9 of the fall, winter and spring academic quarters.
For additional information about this position or the application process, please contact the resTV office at 310-794-4235 or email@example.com.
- Audio Visual Technician
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Assistant
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Learning Center Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Support Assistant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor