Research Assistants play an integral role in the development, promotion, analysis, and reporting of surveys, research projects, and organizational development objectives by supporting administrative coordination and research analyses for Residential Life and its affiliated units and departments. Research areas include: student & resident surveys; student demographic and enrollment data; conduct data; assessment of trainings, events, and other programs for students and staff; and more.
What you’ll do
Key duties of the position include:
- Contribute to formulating research questions.
- Contribute to the design and execution of research projects.
- Clean data for analysis and code qualitative themes while exercising ethical treatment of human subject data.
- Visualize data using Qualtrics, Tableau, or other software to create graphics and dashboards.
- Compile research and assessment reports that align with mission and goals.
- Assist with data management and perform basic statistical analyses.
- Use excel macros or other software to automate data management housekeeping tasks.
- Other research, assessment & administrative duties as assigned.
What makes you qualified
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Current undergraduate student
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Expertise in surfing the Internet to find requested information.
- Coursework or experience in research methods, data collection, data analysis, or statistics and be eager to grow these skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality and the ethical conduct of research.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication, collaboration, and organization.
- Interest in automating research processes with computer languages to increase department efficiency.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfort using basic software and cloud programs including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Interest in social science research and/or student affairs assessment.
- Experience coding in R, SPSS, or Python, or willingness to learn a new language.
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
For this position, candidates must have a 2.3 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year). First year students may use their high school or community college GPA. Successful candidates must maintain full-time student status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
How much you’ll get paid
Up to 9 hours a week at $16.50/hr
How to Apply
This application is currently closed.