Training Assistants support training our staff of over 500 student leaders. The Training Assistant reports directly to the Assistant Director of Organizational Development and the Student Staff Training Committee. The assistants will influence the direction of student staff training as members of the Training Committee and contribute to planning, organization, and implementation of those training programs.
What you’ll do
Key duties of the position include:
- Advising Training Committee by offering student perspectives and new ideas
- Planning and distributing the monthly training newsletter and other all-staff communications
- Maintaining information databases including the master schedule of student trainings
- Preparing materials for training sessions and related programs/events
- Setting up, monitoring, and providing other on-site support for training events
- Developing and participating in a student ambassador program to enhance the training experience.
- Supporting training evaluation
What makes you qualified
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Understanding of UCLA Residential Life’s mission and values
- Experience participating in Residential Life Student Staff Training
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication, collaboration, and organization.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfort using basic software and cloud programs including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides).
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
For this position, candidates must have a 2.3 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year). First year students may use their high school or community college GPA. Successful candidates must maintain full-time student status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
How much you’ll get paid
$16.50/hr for about 5 hours per week in Spring, up to 19 hours per week in Summer.
How to Apply
Submit this application form: