Funding Board

The Funding Board is made up of UCLA Residential Life professional and student staff members and Resident Government Council Treasurers, or their proxies, who oversee the management of Residential Life’s event funds (a supplemental source).

Submit a Funding Request

Disbursement Request Form (pdf)

Who may apply for funding?

These supplemental event funds are available to Hill Residents, UCLA Residential Life professional and student staff, Faculty-in-Residence, and registered UCLA student organizations.

What events can be funded?

Building-wide, Court-wide, and All-Hill events. Registered UCLA student organization events that are open to all Hill residents are also eligible. We no longer fund Floor/House events.

Do I have to meet with my Program/SOLE advisor before submitting a funding request?

Yes. The Funding Board requires that you have discussed your event plans, including supplies and equipment needed, with your Program/SOLE advisor prior to submitting your application.

What is the deadline for submitting my Funding request?

Your Funding Request must be submitted by Friday at noon in order to be considered at the next Funding Board meeting (Tuesday), and also must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the event date, otherwise it may not be reviewed. Extenuating circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis, and approval is at the discretion of the Funding Board.

Where do I turn in my Disbursement Form?

Fill out all required fields and print the form, then turn it in, along with your receipts (taped onto a blank 8.5x11 paper), and any attendance list (if applicable), to Michelle Le, Area Coordinator, at the Dykstra/DeNeve Residential Life office. For more information, please see the Funding Board Handbook.

How are requests evaluated?

The Board supports programming initiatives which will enhance the experiential learning, cultural and educational enrichment of students residing in on-campus housing. Funding requests are approved according to eligibility requirements, request guidelines, and support of UCLA Residential Life’s Core 5 tenets (Support the Academic Mission, Cultivate Safe Environments, Foster Social Responsibility, Develop Leaders, and Encourage Personal Growth). Use or non-use of additional funding sources are also taken into consideration. The Funding Board should not be your primary or sole funding source.

After submitting, may I present my funding request in person?

Yes. The Funding Board meets on Tuesdays at 3:30pm in the Bradley International Hall Conference Room #224 (2nd floor). You are welcome to come and present your proposal and also answer any questions from the Board about your application. But also note that the Funding Board will contact you if they need more information or require you to attend the meeting.

Are there items that the Funding Board might not fund?

  • Gift Cards: Typically these are not allowed or approved. If you want to provide incentives, chance vouchers, gifts, etc. then you should purchase actual gift items, or, on a case-by-case basis sometimes $ on a BruinCard is acceptable. All of these must relate to the nature of the program theme.
  • BruinCard cash: Money put on BruinCard may not be for services rendered or to pay a student for volunteering or “just because.” The criteria typically is something like for an “On the Spot” recognition award for unique or expert services, etc. Considered on a case by case basis. And, if you are approved to offer $ on BruinCards, then we will need a list of all the recipients and their UID numbers.
  • Honorariums: also known as “Professional Services or Guest Lecturer fees.” These are NOT for UCLA students or staff, but for non-UCLA persons (experts, speakers or performers who are specialists, etc.) who are not requesting a fee for service. These should also be requested well in advance (ex. in enough time to process to give check to recipient at time of program). If offering honorarium(s), then you should fill out an LVO and have your Program Advisor review and email to: