We believe that the arts are transformative, that cultural and identity expression are critical to student development, and that creativity is essential to a vibrant living and learning community.
Dear Evan Hansen Art Contest: Where will you be found at UCLA?
Our Dear Evan Hansen art contest has closed. You can view the submissions here. Tickets are sold out but you can join the wait list by calling or visiting the Dykstra/De Neve Residential Life Office in De Neve Commons.
The network is a communication hub that connects UCLA students with artists and arts institutions for free or discounted concerts, plays, contests, mixers, classes, exhibitions, and more.
- Join the Arts Engagement Network at UCLA Facebook group.
- Sign up here! for our twice-monthly newsletter.
Submit an Event or Opportunity
Email the details of an arts-related event or opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post if it is free for UCLA students and/or offers unique access for UCLA students (such as being on campus)
Calling All Arts Leaders
In Fall 2018, Residential Life will launch a new opportunity for arts leaders on campus: The Arts Leadership Circle. This group will convene quarterly for networking, professional development, and of course food! If you are interested in learning more, email us at email@example.com.
If you are currently involved in an arts internship, either on-campus or off, you are also invited to participate in our Arts Interns Meetup! The first meetup will be on Thursday Nov 7 at 5:30-7pm at the UCLA Career Center. RSVP here by Monday Nov 5.
Movement Studio & Music Practice Rooms
Now Available for Self-Serve Reservation at reslife.ucla.edu/reserve
You asked and we listened:
- Music practice rooms in Rieber Hall, Sproul Hall, and Hedrick Hall are now available for online reservation—and all locations are open to all students!
- An open space on the first floor of Hedrick Hall is available for you to reserve for movement, dance, fitness, and related physical work. It is a carpeted space with one mirrored wall, suitable for a variety of movement-oriented activities.
- If you have any questions for feedback, please let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Performances in Sunset Village Plaza
Open Mic Nights on the first Mondays of every month, 6-7pm in Sunset Village. (If you left your guitar, bass, drums, or cajon at home—you can use ours)
Student bands in concert on Thursdays October 26 and November 15—also 6pm in Sunset Village.
Northwest Campus Auditorium Theatre Season
Applications for the 2018-19 season of student-produced theatre have closed, and we will announce the season in just a few days! Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions in the meantime. Here is a recap of our 2017-18 season:
- HOME/LAND—BELONGING presented by CFAN
- BRUINS CARE presented by Act III Theatre Ensemble
- LIPS presented by VDay Coalition at UCLA
- GOOD AS NEW presented by Reprise Performance Troupe
- FLORECER presented by Night of Cultura
- THE 25th ANNUAL PUTNAM COUNTY SPELLING BEE presented by Act III Theatre Ensemble
- HOOLIGAN SHOWCASE 2018 presented by HOOLIGAN Theatre Co
More Arts Resources on the Hill
Our Residential Learning Centers offer more than just desktop printing. 3D pens at the Sunset Village location, a Mac lab in De Neve fully loaded with recording rooms and creative software, and more are available to you. The new MakerSpace in Rieber Hall is open 11am-7pm for all students, with a variety of tools and equipment for building & fabrication.
Studio 22 is Res Life’s multimedia production space designed to support UCLA undergraduate students working on multimedia presentations, projects, and portfolios. As a springboard for personal growth and leadership development, the Studio 22 Multimedia Arts Collective promotes discovery, enrichment, and the exchange of ideas through a broad spectrum of materials, technologies, and experiences. MMAC members can:
* Reserve studio space for shoots, projects, meetings and more;
* Reserve computer workstations to complete multimedia projects;
* Access film, audio, and lighting equipment in our studio, free of charge.
Visit http://www.studio22.reslife.ucla.edu/ for more info about becoming a member of the MMAC!
Arts-focused Living Learning Communities
A living learning community is an environment where students with similar interests live together and participate in specially designed programs that cater to their academic, social, and personal needs. Here at UCLA we have one such community dedicated to the arts, and another on the way!
Visual & Performing Arts Collective
The Visual and Performing Arts Collective is a student-initiated theme community for artistic students and arts enthusiasts. Residents of this community are encouraged to build relationships, attend arts programming, and expand their artistic horizons on the UCLA campus and beyond.
Design and Innovation
The Design and Innovation aims to cultivate students’ passions and pursuits around technology, innovation, and the entrepreneurial spirit. Here, geeks, scientists, makers, and designers can develop practical solutions to the world’s challenges. The Design & Innovation Community will enable you to connect with other Bruins to bring your ideas to life.
The Arts Engagement S.E.A.D. Fund is a $250 per quarter fund to support UCLA students working on projects at the intersection of science/engineering and art/design. Applications are closed for this year, and will re-open in September for 2018-19 projects. Don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this program.