We believe that the arts are transformative, that cultural and identity expression are critical to student development, and that creativity is essential to a vibrant living and learning community.
Arts Engagement Internships 2019-20
We are hiring undergraduate interns to engage the campus community with theatre, music, visual arts and crafts, social media, social justice, and more. Develop your leadership skills and build your arts management portfolio in a collaborative team environment! Learn more at reslife.ucla.edu/employment/arts and apply by April 26
The network is a communication hub that connects UCLA students with artists and arts institutions for free or discounted concerts, plays, contests, mixers, classes, exhibitions, and more.
- Join the Arts Engagement Network at UCLA Facebook group.
- Sign up here! for our twice-monthly newsletter.
Submit an Event or Opportunity
Email the details of an arts-related event or opportunity to email@example.com and we will post if it is free for UCLA students and/or offers unique access for UCLA students (such as being on campus)
Calling All Arts Leaders
The Arts Leadership Circle is a new networking and development group for UCLA students who are (or aspire to be) leaders in the arts. This group convenes periodically for networking, professional development, and of course food! If you are interested in learning more, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are currently involved in an arts internship, either on-campus or off, you are also invited to participate in our Arts Interns Quarterly Meetups! The first meetup was in November at the UCLA Career Center. Email email@example.com to be invited to the next one!
Art Supply Check-Out
Whether you want to channel your inner Bob Ross, decorate your reusable tote bags, or pour your heart into a powerful protest poster—we have a variety of art and craft supplies that you can borrow to host hands-on activities with a group of students. Resources are available to UCLA students, faculty, and staff, a come with facilitation resources to deepen your group’s creative expression. Submit your request at tinyurl.com/RequestArtSupplies-UCLA
The Arts Engagement S.E.A.D. Fund is a $250 per quarter fund to support UCLA students working on projects at the intersection of science/engineering and art/design. Applications are open for all quarters in the 2018-19 academic year: reslife.ucla.edu/seadfund
Movement Studio & Music Practice Rooms
Now Available for Self-Serve Reservation at reslife.ucla.edu/reserve
You asked and we listened:
- Music practice rooms in Rieber Hall, Sproul Hall, and Hedrick Hall are now available for online reservation—and all locations are open to all students!
- An open space on the first floor of Hedrick Hall is available for you to reserve for movement, dance, fitness, and related physical work. It is a carpeted space with one mirrored wall, suitable for a variety of movement-oriented activities.
- If you have any questions for feedback, please let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Performances in Sunset Village Plaza
Our monthly concerts and open mic nights are moving inside for the winter!
* Open Mic Nights: Monday January 7 in De Neve Dining and Monday February 4 in Covel Dining (6-7pm) If you don’t have a meal plan, email email@example.com to make arrangements for you to attend. We’ll be back in Sunset Village for an open mick with a funky twist on Monday March 4th (6-7pm).
- Concerts: We are delighted to partner with Campus Events Commission and Student Committee for the Arts for our Winter Concert Series. Concerts will be listed on the CEC website as they are announced!
Northwest Campus Auditorium Theatre Season
Join us for our 2018-19 season of student-produced theatre in Northwest Campus Auditorium!
- BRUINS CARE presented by Act III Theatre Ensemble
- LIPS presented by VDay Coalition at UCLA
- ONCE ON THIS ISLAND presented by Color Box Theatre Company
- NIGHT OF CULTURA presented by Latinx Film and Theater Association
- URINETOWN presented by Act III Theatre Ensemble
- MACBETH presented by Shakespeare Company at UCLA
…and our special event series
* UNITED KHMER STUDENTS 2019 Culture Show
* LEGISLATIVE THEATRE FOR RACIAL JUSTICE Final Class Presentation
* HOOLIGAN EDUCATIONAL SHOWCASE 2019 presented by HOOLIGAN Theater Company
More Arts Resources on the Hill
Our Residential Learning Centers offer more than just desktop printing. 3D pens at the Sunset Village location, a Mac lab in De Neve fully loaded with recording rooms and creative software, and more are available to you. The new MakerSpace in Rieber Hall is open 11am-7pm for all students, with a variety of tools and equipment for building & fabrication.
Studio 22 is Res Life’s multimedia production space designed to support UCLA undergraduate students working on multimedia presentations, projects, and portfolios. As a springboard for personal growth and leadership development, the Studio 22 Multimedia Arts Collective promotes discovery, enrichment, and the exchange of ideas through a broad spectrum of materials, technologies, and experiences. MMAC members can:
* Reserve studio space for shoots, projects, meetings and more;
* Reserve computer workstations to complete multimedia projects;
* Access film, audio, and lighting equipment in our studio, free of charge.
Visit http://www.studio22.reslife.ucla.edu/ for more info about becoming a member of the MMAC!
Arts-focused Living Learning Communities
A living learning community is an environment where students with similar interests live together and participate in specially designed programs that cater to their academic, social, and personal needs. Here at UCLA we have one such community dedicated to the arts, and another on the way!
Visual & Performing Arts Collective
The Visual and Performing Arts Collective is a student-initiated theme community for artistic students and arts enthusiasts. Residents of this community are encouraged to build relationships, attend arts programming, and expand their artistic horizons on the UCLA campus and beyond.
Design and Innovation
The Design and Innovation aims to cultivate students’ passions and pursuits around technology, innovation, and the entrepreneurial spirit. Here, geeks, scientists, makers, and designers can develop practical solutions to the world’s challenges. The Design & Innovation Community will enable you to connect with other Bruins to bring your ideas to life.
We are the storytellers, the music-makers, poets, artists, designers, movers, and dreamers. Through creativity we interpret and express the world around us and within ourselves, making connections that bring our campus community together. This community will come to life for the first time in the 2019-20 academic year!