Resident Directors (RD) are live-in, full-time professional staff. Each of our fifteen residential facilities is supported by a Resident Director who develops the programmatic vision for the community. Job functions include: student staff supervision and training, programmatic implementation, student conduct, student government advising, counseling, crisis response (active duty coverage), and creating positive working relationships with colleagues, students and Housing partners.
Competitive candidates will bring to UCLA a passion for working with students, a strong commitment to student development, and an excitement for fostering community. Requirements include:
- 1-3 years of post-master’s experience in student affairs functions (live-in experience preferred).
- A commitment and willingness to engage in complex diversity issues.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, mentoring, and supervision of student staff.
- Experience with program development and event & activity planning.
- Ability to design and deliver engaging training curricula.
- Ability to manage a rigorous administrative workload.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in counseling and student advising.
Continued employment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background investigation.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- An unfurnished on-campus apartment which includes utilities, internet, and CATV for self and family (pet- friendly).
- 10 meals / week meal plan.
- The University of California offers a comprehensive benefits package (chr.ucla.edu/benefits) including medical, dental, legal, life, and retirement plans.
- Residential Life offers generous allowances for professional development opportunities.
How to apply
The application for this position is located on the UCLA careers website (hr.mycareer.ucla.edu). Search for Department Name: 3165 - Office of Residential Life (AVC) for current openings.
Contact us at email@example.com.
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Management Assistant
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Assistant
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Technology Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor