Assistant Resident Director
UCLA Assistant Resident Directors (ARD) are live-in, full-time professional staff. Each of our residential facilities is supported by an ARD who is responsible for the general programmatic vision of a community of 500-1000+ students. General job functions include but are not limited to student staff supervision and training, community programmatic implementation, low-level student conduct, student government advising, and creating positive working relationships with colleagues, students, and housing partners. This position is a one-year live-in full time contract position renewable once.
Competitive candidates will bring to UCLA a passion for working with students, a strong commitment to student development, and excitement for fostering community. Requirements include:
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Experience with program development and event & activity planning.
- A commitment and willingness to engage in complex diversity issues.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and/or supervising student staff.
- Ability to manage a rigorous administrative workload.
- Strong project management skills.
- Prior experience in community development, student advising, and counseling is preferred.
Continued employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory background investigation.
Compensation and Benefits
- Non-exempt, full-time, 40 hours/week with an hourly rate of $18.36.
- For self and/or family, furnished single room (pet-friendly) with utilities and internet.
- Meal plan provided when UCLA dining is in service.
- Departmental-issued cell phone.
- Parking allotment, subject to availability, paid for by the employee.
- The University of California offers a comprehensive benefits package (chr.ucla.edu/benefits) including medical, dental, legal, life, and retirement plans.
- Residential Life offers generous allowances for optional professional development opportunities.
If you have any compensation questions, please contact Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 310-825-3401.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in applying to 2023-2024 Assistant Resident Director (ARD) position. The application process for the 2023-2024 ARD position closed on March 31st 2023 and is no longer accepting applications. If you are interested in applying during for the 2024-2025 ARD position, we highly encourage you to visit the UCLA careers website for the most up to date information. Use department code “3165-OFFICE OF RESIDENTIAL LIFE (AVC)” to search for all Office of Residential Life position postings.
For additional information regarding the ARD position, please email ARDRecruitment@orl.ucla.edu.