UCLA Resident Directors (RD) are live-in, full-time professional staff. Each of our residential facilities is supported by an RD who develops the programmatic vision of a community of 500-1000+ students.
RDs will gain the following skill sets and experiences from their role:
- Train, supervise and advise student positions, such as resident assistants, hall government, student interns, and office assistants.
- Crisis response (active duty coverage), counseling, and high-level conduct management.
- Serve on a leadership team to build community, manage team dynamics, and coordinate meetings for the student staff team.
- Assist with recruitment and selection processes for student and professional staff positions.
- Engage in networking opportunities with full-time seasoned Residential Life staff, faculty, and campus housing partners.
- Learn opportunities for professional development including committee work.
Competitive candidates will bring to UCLA a passion for working with students, a strong commitment to student development, and an excitement for fostering community. Requirements include:
- 1-3 years of post-master’s experience in student affairs functions (live-in experience preferred).
- A commitment and willingness to engage in complex diversity issues.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, mentoring, and supervision of student staff.
- Experience with program development and event & activity planning.
- Ability to design and deliver engaging training curricula.
- Ability to manage a rigorous administrative workload.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in counseling and student advising.
Continued employment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background investigation.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- For self and/or family, unfurnished on-campus apartment (pet-friendly) with utilities and internet.
- 10 meals/week meal plan provided when UCLA dining is in service.
- Departmental-issued cell phone.
- Parking allotment, paid for by the employee.
- The University of California offers a comprehensive benefits package (chr.ucla.edu/benefits) including medical, dental, legal, life, and retirement plans.
- Residential Life offers generous allowances for professional development opportunities.
If you have any compensation questions, please contact Human Resources via email at email@example.com or by phone at 310-825-3401.
How to Apply
UCLA is currently seeking candidates for a live-on Resident Director position. Resident Directors have the ability to work in a variety of student living communities ranging from traditional residence halls to residential apartments that support undergraduate, graduate, and families. Candidates interested in applying should apply through (https://www.ucla.edu/careers) – job ID #40301.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until December 3, 2023.
For additional information regarding the RD position, please email RDRecruitment@orl.ucla.edu.