We Make @ UCLA
Picture this. You're just about to head back to your dorm when you hear what sounds like curiosity-inducing chaos: eggs smashing, gears whirring, metal clashing, and students cheering. What you stumble upon is a sight to behold. It's an evening of organized chaos, where Makers at UCLA and Los Angeles County come together to showcase fascinating builds, participate in friendly competition, and expand their minds.
Sound exciting? Save the date!
Sign Up for Updates
About We Make
We Make at UCLA is an exciting event scheduled for April 20th, 2023 open to all creatives within the UCLA community and local Los Angeles County to showcase their inventions, crafts, talents, and innovations. The experience, started by the UCLA MakerSpace On The Hill in 2019, will inspire your inner creative side as you learn more about maker resources on the UCLA campus and explore the innovative work happening in our community.
Watch the Recap Reel to see what you might expect.
Take a look around the exciting interactive projects and demonstrations from various exhibitors and students.
Compete with fellow students to design and build a lander that protects an egg dropped from a balcony. The winners of (yet-to-be-determined) categories receive a prize.
Create your own robot to destroy or disable the opponent. Winners of (yet-to-be-determined) categories receive a prize.
Plant succulents and decorate your pots. While supplies last.
There will be three types of attendees at WeMake 2023: Exhibitor, Volunteer, Competitor/Participant. You must sign up before Thurs. April 13 to become an Exhibitor, and before Wed. April 19 to become a Volunteer. To become a Competitor/Participant, just show up!
Exhibitors showcase their projects or lead demonstrations.
Click on this card to become an Exhibitor.
To stay updated with upcoming workshops, follow our Instagram page and turn on post notifications by clicking on the link below.
We Make 2023 will also host no-prep DIY booths.
Click on this card to view upcoming workshops.
The WeMake team is in need of a handful of good Samaritans to help run and monitor the event as it plays out. Tasks include set-up, checking in and guiding Makers and attendees, and being a source of general information. You will be provided with free food and a swaggy shirt.
Click on this card to become a Volunteer.
Why We Need You
We Make @ UCLA will not be complete without YOU showcasing your creativity and work to the rest of the UCLA and West Los Angeles Communities. Be a part of UCLA’s Festival of Makers! We are now accepting submissions from UCLA Campus Makers and featured Los Angeles Community Makers to showcase their work and inspire others to think, create, and make.
What You Get
- Each exhibitor will get to showcase what they have made to our UCLA and local West Los Angeles Community.
- Each exhibitor will receive snacks and a meal day of.
How to Apply
- Submit your form to be an event exhibitor.
- Please be as thorough as possible in your submission when describing what your exhibit is and its components. We are working within the guidelines of the UCLA Fire Marshal and want to provide them with the necessary info.
- Our team member will reach out to confirm we have reviewed your submission and to follow-up about any further details.
- Complete the submission form on time. Submissions received after that time may be considered space permitting.
- If you have any updates to provide us after you submit the form, please email them to email@example.com.
- Exhibitors will be contacted with final event details two weeks before the event, but should plan on being on campus at 12PM for setup the day of the program, April 20th.
- Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!