Community Development Intern
The Community Development Intern is a live-in position. Candidates are considered for an academic year appointment in a Living Learning Community. The functions of all Community Development Interns are the same, however, the manner in which functions are implemented may vary according to the Living Learning Community.
Why we need you
One of the pivotal factors that contribute to the success and overall experience of the Living Learning Community (LLC) are the residents. Within each community, residents have the opportunity to in a wide range of events and activities created by their student leadership team made up of the Resident Assistant(s) and Community Development Intern. We need an organized, adaptable, and motivated individual like you to ensure the success of your LLC.
What you’ll do
Under the direct supervision of the Living Learning Community Coordinator, the Community Development Intern will perform the following tasks:
Community Building & Event Planning
- Promote, develop, and implement active and passive programming relevant to the LLC
- Encourage residents to engage in floor activities and programs to build community
- Develop positive, respectful, and personal relationships with residents
- Implement the 9 Deliverable curriculum to meet all event planning requirements
- Identify campus partners and stakeholders that directly benefit the LLC
- Work independently and efficiently on all task assignments
- Maintain an online archive of all files and work for the LLC to serve as a reference for future Community Development Interns.
- Meet regularly with the LLC Coordinator
- Work a minimum of 3 hours per week in an assigned office space
- Attend training sessions as assigned and weekly staff meetings
- Develop strong oral and written communication skills for email correspondence and presentations
- Collaborate with other Community Development Interns to establish and continuously contribute to the overall success of the LLC program
- Work closely with the community student government to understand LLC residents’ needs and concerns, and to encourage their involvement in programs
- Establish an effective work relationship with the Resident Director, the Assistant Resident Director, the LLC RAs, and other stakeholders in order to effectively meet residents’ needs
What makes you qualified
Skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform assigned functions. You must be a current resident of the Living Learning Community. Previous group living experience and leadership experience through participation in a formal organization are deemed helpful.
For this position, candidates must have a 2.3 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
Successful candidates must maintain full-time student status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Looking for candidates with spunk, spirit and spice to grow and share their knowledge to advance the organization.
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.3 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
How much you’ll get paid
Up to 8 hours a week at $12/hr
Application opens: June, 2018
Application closes: June, 2018
Skype interviews will occur: June, 2018
Offers will go out: June/July, 2018
Training begins: September 4th, 2018 (Move onto Hill the weekend before)
How to Apply
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Technology Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Program Support Assistant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor