Program & Event Management Student Supervisor
Program & Event Management is looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our energetic team. We are seeking students with flexible hours to provide general support for our team. We offer comprehensive training and advancement opportunities in a dynamic environment. We are confident that you will learn new skills, enjoy the challenge, make new friends… and have fun too while you work!
Residential Life’s in-house team of Program & Event Management Student Supervisors play a vital role in making possible a wide range of programs and events that take place within the residential community including managing theatrical productions, concerts, large-scale social events, training sessions, and much more. They also support the operational needs of the unit to ensure we are able to upkeep our equipment, technology, and office supplies. Each PEM Student Supervisor is assigned to a particular project area to support office, event, and equipment management as well as data analysis for the unit. Under the supervision of professional staff, the Program & Event Student Supervisors help provide guidance and training for Event Technicians. To learn about the Event Technician role, please visit the Event Technician Employment page .
General and overall responsibilities include the following:
- Handling, operation, and strike of a broad range of audiovisual equipment, including audio mixers, passive and powered PA systems, wireless microphones, notebook computers, LCD projectors, DVD and Blu-Ray players, gaming consoles, lighting controllers, and much more.
- Operation of AMX and Crestron controlled audiovisual systems in the residential venues: Bradley International Hall, Covel Commons, De Neve Plaza and the Northwest Campus Auditorium.
- Administrative tasks to support event management logistics
- Assistance with management, inventory, and replacement of Residential Life programming equipment.
- Operation of University owned electric vehicles.
- Management of one of five special project areas: event management, technology, fleet management/maintenance, administrative management, and data collection/analysis
- Attendance at weekly leadership meetings
- Providing a high level of customer service and general support to student and professional staff events and activities.
- A minimum commitment of 15 hours per week, providing flexibility for management of evening programming
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Qualifications and Benefits
- Prior technical experience is helpful, but not required.
- Preferred to have a valid driver’s license, but not required.
- Program & Event Management Student Supervisors receive paid training and continue to grow and learn on the job.
- Work shifts can be flexible in order to fit your schedule.
The current salary for the Program & Event Management Student Supervisor role is $17.00 per hour.
Speak with our professional staff team to find out if joining our team could be the perfect job for you! Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Applying?
We aren’t taking applications in the moment. Recruitment is anticipated to begin end of Winter quarter.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.