Learning Centers Supervisors
The residential technology supervisors application is currently closed.
The Resident Technology Supervisor (RTS) student position is responsible for assisting in the management, maintenance, and engagement efforts of the UCLA Residential Life Learning Centers/Computer, Gaming, Music, Graphic Design, Making and Video/Photography Labs. This position’s responsibilities include student programming, scheduling, administration, and technical lab maintenance.
These functions include:
- Assist in the selection, training and directing the work activities of Learning Centers Student Staff
- Maintain records of Learning Centers engagement efforts
- Advise Learning Centers Management on current technology trends and technical issues
- Oversee and monitor individual, group, and staff-initiated events
- Organize weekly and quarterly technical training for the RTS team
B. Programming (i.e. event coordination)
- Produce large scale programs such as TechFair and GameFest
- Coordinate workshops in the areas of Gaming, Music, Video/Photography and Graphic Design
- Oversee all Learning Centers workshops and activities: Schedule workshops (rooms and equipment), Equipment and Resource Administration, Maintain records for workshops, Liaison with other ResLife programmers (RA/PA/ARD)
- Create Social Media and Learning Centers website content
- Maintain and update Learning Centers Wiki page
- Interpret and convey University, Campus and Residence Hall policies, procedures and guidelines relating to computer use
- Auditing for the computer labs: Maintain audit files, Complete audit reports monthly, Monitor print accounting
- Maintain Wepa print kiosks (supply ordering, refill consumables, etc)
- Paper and supply distribution for the computer labs
- Drive electric cart for rounds and paper distribution
Skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform assigned functions. Position is subject to the California DMV’s “Pull Notice System” and continued employment is contingent upon proof of a satisfactory driving record. Prior experience in student activities, and interaction with diverse student populations preferred.
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Starting at $17/hour
How to Apply
For additional information about this position or the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.