Office Assistants are part-time employees of UCLA Residential Life who support all professional staff within the office. Candidates should be detail-oriented, self-starters with the ability to take initiative, and team players. Additional qualities we look for are the ability to prioritize tasks, projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should have excellent communication skills or the desire to work on their communication within a developmental setting.
Office Assistants assist professional staff with a variety of tasks and projects including but not limited to reception desk coverage, greeting guests, answering phones, taking messages, scheduling appointments, making photocopies, typing correspondence, filing, delivering/sorting mail and/or packages, creating posters, making labels and stuffing mailings, creating computer charts, organizing workspace, ordering supplies, other duties as assigned.
Minimum Academic Requirements:
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of general office duties and driver’s license is preferred.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students and in good academic standing.
Part-Time, 10-12 hours/week
In a Residential Life office. Locations vary across the Hill and Apartments.
Questions and Interest
For additional information about this position or the application process, please contact Residential Life at (310) 825-3401.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling timeline.