Computer Support Technician
The Computer Support Technician (CST) positions are responsible for providing hardware, software, and general IT support to the Office of Residential Life administrative offices including the Residential Life Central Office and 10 satellite Residential Life Residence Hall offices.
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Under the direct supervision of Office Technology Center IT Managers, the Computer Support Technician’s functions include:
- Setup, configure, and maintain computers, laptops, and related equipment.
- Ability to answer questions regarding installed hardware and software.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and upgrade all ORL computers, laptops, printers, mobile devices, software, and other related equipment.
- Basic maintenance and service on HP LaserJet and Color LaserJet printers.
- Basic hardware installation and repair.
- Maintain familiarity with the Reslife network infrastructure.
- Maintain familiarity with hardware and software used by Reslife.
- Install and upgrade new software.
- Any other duties as assigned.
B. Service Expectations
- Keep all administrative computer hardware, software, mobile devices, and printers functioning and performing optimally near 100% of the time.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all service requests made by users.
- Inform fellow CSTs and Managers of any needs and unresolved problems.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Work minimum of 10-12hrs/week during school year. Summer will vary.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds from floor to shoulder height.
- Each CST is assigned to an ongoing project which may include:
- Image configuration and production .
- New hardware and software testing.
- Graphic design and video editing.
- Other ideas as formulated.
- Uphold and comply with all departmental and university standards, policies and regulations.
- Maintain professional communications and relationships with staff, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Practice professional and effective customer service.
- Maintain and update hardware, software, laptop, and toner inventories.
- Light clerical duties such as invoice tracking, order management, or as assigned.
Position is subject to the California DMV’s “Pull Notice System” and continued employment is contingent upon proof of a satisfactory driving record.
Starting pay is between the range of $13.50-$15.50 per hour. Business hours are M-F, 8:30a-5:30p.
How to apply for this position:
Please fill out the application to apply for the position.
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Learning Center Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Support Assistant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor