Computer Support Technician
The Computer Support Technician (CST) positions are responsible for providing hardware, software, and general IT support to the Office of Residential Life (ORL) administrative offices including the ORL Central Office and ten satellite ORL Residence Hall offices. Under the direct supervision of the Systems Analyst for Administrative Computing (SA), the Computer Support Technician’s functions include:
- Setup, configure, and maintain computers, laptops, and related equipment.
- Ability to answer questions regarding installed hardware and software.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and upgrade all ORL computers, laptops, printers, mobile devices, software, and other related equipment.
- Basic maintenance and service on HP LaserJet and Color LaserJet printers.
- Basic hardware installation and repair.
- Maintain familiarity with the ORL network infrastructure.
- Maintain familiarity with hardware and software used by ORL.
- Install and upgrade new software.
- Any other duties as assigned.
B. Service Expectations
- Keep all administrative computer hardware, software, mobile devices, and printers functioning and performing optimally near 100% of the time.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all service requests made by users.
- Inform fellow CSTs and SA of any needs and unresolved problems.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Work minimum of 10-12hrs/week during school year. Summer will vary.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds from floor to shoulder height.
- Each CST is assigned to an ongoing project which may include:
- Image configuration and production .
- New hardware and software testing.
- Graphic design and video editing.
- Other ideas as formulated.
- Uphold and comply with all departmental and university standards, policies and regulations.
- Maintain professional communications and relationships with staff, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Practice professional and effective customer service.
- Maintain and update hardware, software, laptop, and toner inventories.
- Light clerical duties such as invoice tracking, order management, or as assigned.
Position is subject to the California DMV’s “Pull Notice System” and continued employment is contingent upon proof of a satisfactory driving record.
Starting pay is $13.50 per hour. Business hours are M-F, 8:30a-5:30p.
How to apply for this position:
Please fill out the application to apply for the position.
- Computer Support Technician
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Housing Government Representative
- Learning Center Consultant
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Program Coordinator
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Summer Resident Assistant
- Resident Learning Center Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor
- Media Team Assistant
- Studio 22 Office Assistant
- Video Production Assistant
- Video Production Senior
- Video Production Student Supervisor