Program & Event Management is looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our dynamic team. We are seeking students who are interested in flexible hours and building technical skills and capabilities. We offer a comprehensive training program and advancement opportunities in a progressive environment. We are confident that you will make new friends… and have fun while you work!
Residential Life’s in-house team of Event Technicians play a vital role in making possible a wide range of programs and events that take place within the residential community. These activities include: academic courses, theatrical productions, concerts, large-scale social events, training sessions, and much more! From movie screenings and open mic nights, to stage productions and live concerts, Event Technicians make the magic happen on the Hill. Event Technicians work under the guidance of the Program & Event Management Student Supervisor. To learn about the PEM Student Supervisor role, please visit the PEM Student Supervisor employment page .
Event Technician responsibilities include the following:
- Handling, operation, and strike of a broad range of audiovisual equipment, including audio mixers, passive and powered PA systems, wireless microphones, notebook computers, LCD projectors, DVD and Blu-Ray players, gaming consoles, lighting controllers, and much more.
- Operation of AMX and Crestron controlled audiovisual systems in the residential venues: Bradley International Hall, Carnesale Commons, Covel Commons, De Neve Plaza and the Northwest Campus Auditorium.
- Administrative tasks to support event management logistics
- Assisting with management, inventory, and replacement of Residential Life programming equipment.
- Operation of University owned electric vehicles.
- Providing a high level of customer service and general support to student and professional staff events and activities.
- A minimum commitment of 10 hours per week.
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Qualifications and Benefits
- Prior experience in technical fields is preferable but not required.
- Preferred to have a valid driver’s license, but not required.
- All Event Technicians receive paid training and continue to grow and learn on the job. Work hours are flexible to fit your schedule, with variable weekday, evening, and weekend shifts.
Starting pay for Event Technicians is $15.50 per hour. All staff receive $.62/hr shift differential for 4 or more continuous hours worked between 5pm - 8am.
Talk to an Event Manager to find out if joining our team could be the perfect job for you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Applying?
See application here!
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA North
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA South
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Technician
- Learning Centers Consultant
- Learning Centers Supervisor
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistant - Hill
- Office Assistant - University Apartments North
- Office Assistant] - University Apartments South
- Program and Event Management Student Supervisor
- Programming Board Intern
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- RISE Student Ambassador
- Study Hall Proctor
- Volunteer Center Program Coordinator