Join the Learning Centers Family! Guide and inspire peers, showcase resource and equipment use, gain technical and leadership skills
Technical Skills Preferred
- 3D printing and scanning
- Laser cutting/etching
- CAD, CAM, & CNC
- Circuit design and prototyping
- Coding, physical computing, and IoT
- Sewing, embroidery, and garment design
- General shop upkeep (cleaning, sanitization)
- 3D Printing - Checking files, g-code, slicer settings, and running and monitoring prints.
- Laser cutting - vetting illustrator files for possible issues before authorizing prints.
- Inventory management and organization
- Supporting program curricula
- Learning safe and proper equipment operation and best practices
- Machine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Monitoring of equipment for safety and proper use according to SOP
- Manage communications and engagement on our social media accounts
- Helping students with their projects
- Develop and implement systems to streamline daily operations
- Implement shop improvements in organization, signage, SOP, etc.
We are looking for skilled individuals with prior experience in rapid prototyping, 3D modeling, and general fabrication. A competitive candidate will already possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform the above-listed job responsibilities. Must be a creative problem solver. Knowledge of circuit design and prototyping preferred. Well-versed in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus. Expertise in coding and app development is a plus. Self-starter, well-organized and must work well in teams. Prior experience in student activities and interaction with diverse student populations preferred. The position is subject to the California DMV’s “Pull Notice System” and continued employment is contingent upon proof of a satisfactory driving record.
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during the time of employment.
$15.50/hour. Positions are Work-Study eligible.
How to Apply
THE APPLICATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
For additional information about this position or the recruitment process, please contact:
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA North
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA South
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Technician
- Food Service Worker
- Learning Centers Consultant
- Learning Centers Supervisor
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistant - Hill
- Office Assistant - University Apartments North
- Office Assistant] - University Apartments South
- Program and Event Management Student Supervisor
- Programming Board Intern
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- RISE Student Ambassador
- Study Hall Proctor
- Volunteer Center Program Coordinator