Come work in the Maker Space at Rieber Hall. Do you have skills or interest in learning any of the following?
- CAD, CAM, & CNC
- Coding, physical computing, and IoT
- Circuit design and prototyping
- 3D printing and scanning
- Laser cutting/etching
- Heavy focus on development of an app-based shop management system
- General shop upkeep
- Inventory management and organization
- Supporting program curricula
- Learning equipment and best practices
- Machine maintenance
- Monitoring equipment use for safety and proper use according to SOP
- Helping students with their projects
Minimum Academic Requirements
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position, a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position, a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform assigned functions. Expertise in coding and app development preferred. Knowledge of circuit design and prototyping preferred. Position is subject to the California DMV’s “Pull Notice System” and continued employment is contingent upon proof of a satisfactory driving record. Prior experience in student activities, and interaction with diverse student populations preferred.
Starts at $13.50 to $15.00 an hour
How to Apply
Please apply at the following link:
For additional information about this position or the recruitment process, please contact:
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
- Apartment Resident Assistant
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Audio Visual Technician
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Management Assistant
- Graduate Housing Community Assistant
- Learning Center Consultant
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- Multimedia Assistant
- Multimedia Lead
- Multimedia Supervisor
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistants
- Programming Board Representative
- Program Support Assistant
- Program Support Technician
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- Resident Technology Consultant
- Resident Technology Supervisor