Programming Board Intern
About the Programming Board
The Residential Life Programming Board promotes a sense of community through entertainment-oriented events such as movie showings, social events, and off-campus excursions. The Programming Board will create exciting programs and events for On-Campus Housing (“the Hill”) that are open to all members of the UCLA community, that are proactive and responsive to the student experience, and meet community needs. These programs will be planned and implemented for students, by students.
Programming Board Intern 2019-2020
The Programming Board is recruiting 10 student interns to plan and implement all-hill programs. The Programming Board will collaborate with fellow interns to plan and implement at least three programs per quarter. Interns will plan and execute events, such as Haunted Hill and Casino Night. In addition, the Programming Board interns will also plan 2-3 off-campus excursions per quarter, such as trips to theme parks, sporting games, musicals, etc.
* Publicity, brainstorming and deciding event content and ways of engaging attendees, coordinating event resources and collaborations, scheduling and attending meetings, etc.
* Reviews Residential Life’s calendar of events to ensure we develop and implement original programs.
* Manages programming resources to fulfill the mission of Residential Life and uphold True Bruin Values
We highly encourage students interested in seeking a new opportunity to join Residential Life to apply. We welcome candidates from all kinds of backgrounds and experiences. We are seeking motivated, creative, detail-oriented individuals who are passionate about putting on great events on the Hill.Previous event planning and leadership experience through participation in a formal organization are deemed helpful. This internship is open to all UCLA undergraduate students, however priority consideration will be given to current Hill residents not currently employed by Residential Life.
- Meet weekly during weeks 1-10; Wednesdays 5:00-7:00PM
- Organize, plan, and execute events (including day-of responsibilities)
- Biweekly 1:1 meetings with Programming Board Advisor
- Promote Programming Board events with your networks and communities
- Serve as a resource for fellow team members
- Attend and support Programming Board events
- Other duties as assigned
- Total time commitment is approximately 8 hours per week but can vary depending on program and event planning ( 1 ½ hour weekly meeting, plus time working on and attending events)
- Will develop an overall understanding of event management as it relates to large-scale event planning, budgeting, leadership, publicity, collaboration, communication, creativity, and navigating resources and policies and more!
- Serve and represent Residential Life and work with a variety of units within Residential Life.
- Programming Board creates learning experiences for its members, as well as foster their personal and professional growth.
- Will develop leadership abilities through training sessions, hands-on event management experience, and team building opportunities.
- Personal growth and development around planning, collaboration, time management, and fiscal responsibility.
Mandatory Dates if accepted
First Meeting/Payroll Processing: September 9, 2019 (may be able to be processed end of Spring 2019 quarter)
Fall Training: September 9, 2019 - September 18, 2019 (including weekend retreat)
True Bruin Welcome Events: September 19, 2019 - September 30, 2019
NACA Conference: November 8, 2019 - November 11, 2019
Tentative Winter and Spring Training: Hold January 10, 2020 - January 12, 2020 and April 4, 2020 - April 5, 2020
MINIMUM ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
In order to support the academic success of our student staff, Residential Life conducts Grade Point Average and Enrollment Checks for all student employee positions. We may conduct these checks at the time of application and any time thereafter once the student has accepted a job offer.
- For this position a student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire (beginning of Fall Quarter of each academic year).
- For this position a student must maintain full-time status (12 units per quarter) during time of employment.
Pay rate: $13.50/hr for about 80 hours per quarter. The total time commitment is approximately 8 hours per week but can vary depending on program and event planning (meetings, plus time working on and attending events).
Questions and Interest
For additional information about this internship or the application process, please email Susana Luis, Programming Board Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application is due Monday, May 13, 2019.
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA North
- Apartment Resident Assistant - UA South
- Arts Engagement Intern
- Assistant Resident Director
- Community Development Intern
- Computer Support Technician
- Event Technician
- Learning Centers Consultant
- Learning Centers Supervisor
- Maker Space Technician
- Media Specialist
- OCHC Executive Board Member
- Office Assistant - Hill
- Office Assistant - University Apartments North
- Office Assistant] - University Apartments South
- Program and Event Management Student Supervisor
- Programming Board Intern
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Resident Director
- Resident Government Council
- RISE Student Ambassador
- Study Hall Proctor
- Volunteer Center Program Coordinator