Living Learning Communities Resident Assistant
Be a part of the Living Learning Communities (LLC) Experience! Apply to be an LLC RA!
What Are the Living Learning Communities?
Residential Life supports 10 Living Learning Communities and the Transfer Experience where students with similar interests live together and participate in programs that cater to their academic, social, and personal needs. Students in an LLC partake in academic experiences with their peers, interact with faculty, and enjoy the benefits of a diverse community that shares scholarly interests.
For more information, check out our website Living Learning Communities
How To Become an LLC Resident Assistant
Recruitment process timeline for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Monday, November 28, 2022 at 12pm, Noon (PST): Graduate and Undergraduate Housing LLC Resident Assistant Application Opens.
- Monday, January 16, 2023 at 12pm, Noon (PST): Application Closes.
- Individual Interviews & Group Process TBD
- We aim to send offer letters by March 2023.
*In the event that the timeline changes, candidates will be notified.
What is a Living Learning Communities Resident Assistant?
LLC Resident Assistants (RA) have the opportunity to shape a student’s experience in one of our 10 Living Learning Communities and the Transfer Experience. They share in the responsibilities of a Resident Assistant, and have the support of a Community Development Intern to contribute to the LLC in the following ways:
- Participate in recruitment of Community Development Intern for LLC (reviewing applications + interviewing)
- Attend a quarterly LLC staff meeting to meet other LLC RAs
- Meet with LLC team regularly to plan LLC events
- Work with LLC student group affiliates and liaise with other internal and external partners
- Collaborate with LLC-affiliated Faculty in Residence
- Work with a Community Development Intern to budget additional LLC funds from the department
With the help of the LLC Community Development Intern, LLC RAs will:
- Plan a Welcome Reception - invite campus partners and connect with faculty and stakeholders
- Coordinate Floor Retreat - provide a time for students on the floor to get to know one another outside of the building and to bond over their interest in the floor.
- Plan Signature Program - work with Community Development Intern to plan a large-scale event that will cater to the UCLA community and engage floor to participate in its planning and implementation.
- Host at least one LLC-related program each quarter.
- In spring, you are invited to connect with former LLC staff to learn about the program and to start thinking about curriculum for the next year
- During summer RA training, meet with LLC Coordinator to discuss 9 Deliverables & their implementation
- Attend 2 trainings with LLC intern, co-LLC RA, Assistant Resident Director, and Resident Director during summer RA training.
- Meet with primary stakeholders and campus partners to connect and establish relationships
Perks & Support
- LLC RAs have access to funds to use toward their own professional development around their LLC theme
- Strong connection with faculty and opportunity to work alongside them for academic collaborations
- Non-cash prizes for completion of LLC related events
For questions about the Living Learning Communities and the LLC RA role, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general questions about this position or the recruitment process, please email RARecruitment@orl.ucla.edu