Living Learning Communities
What is a Living Learning Community?
An initiative sponsored by Residential Life, it is a living-learning environment where students with similar interests live together and participate in programs that cater to their academic, social, and personal needs. Students living in these communities have the opportunity to partake in academic experiences with their peers and interact with faculty, enjoying the benefits of being part of a diverse community that shares scholarly interests.
Students will also have the chance to explore the greater Los Angeles area with their peers. Each community is associated with a number of campus departments and student organizations, giving students the opportunity to engage in additional activities both on campus and in the LA community that enhance their overall collegiate experience. Students will be part of a close-knit, living-learning community that supports academic success, cultivates safe and supportive environments, encourages personal growth, fosters social responsibility, and develops leaders here at UCLA and beyond.
All students, regardless of major, identity, or background, are strongly encouraged to apply for a Living Learning Community. All you need is your passion to make living in your community a successful and enjoyable experience!
Apply now to live in a Living Learning Community for 2018-2019!
To apply, under “Living Learning Communities” of your Housing application, indicate at least one preference or up to ten.
- (Returning students): Submit your Housing application by January 24th at 4pm
- (First-year students): Submit your Housing application by (Date TBD)
- (Transfer students): Submit your Housing application by (Date TBD)
An important notice if you decide to apply!
- If you would like to live with a specific roommate in a Living Learning Community, you both must choose “Living Learning Communities” as your housing option and name each other as desired roommates when prompted. You will be placed with your preferred roommate if this step is followed and the application is completed, as space allows.
Living Learning Communities Locations for 2017-2018:
Afrikan Diaspora - Rieber Hall 4 North
Chican@/Latin@ - Sproul Hall 2
Design & Innovation - Sproul Hall 3 South
First to Go - Hedrick Hall 5 South
Gender, Sexuality, and Society - De Neve Acacia View 5
Global Health - Dykstra Hall 5
Humanities Residential College - Hedrick Hall 6 South
Pilipin@ - Dykstra Hall 2
Public Service and Civic Engagement - Rieber 3 South
Sustainable Living - Rieber Hall 3 North
Transfer Experience - Holly
Visual and Performing Arts Collective - Sproul Landing 8
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Living Learning Communities
Chances are that there are others at UCLA that care about what you care about. Get involved in one (or five) of our student groups.
- Housing Government Representatives (HGRs)
- On Campus Housing Council (OCHC)
- Global Connections Council (GCC)
- National Residence Hall Honorary
- resTV22 and iMedia
- Team Green
- Freshman 15
- Service and Volunteer Opportunities
- Bruin Leaders Project
- Clubs and Organizations
- Undergraduate Student Government (USAC)
- Graduate Student Government (GSA)