The Afrikan Diaspora Community provides students with opportunities to be immersed in Afrikan culture
at UCLA and beyond. Living in this community allows students with similar interests to create lifelong
friendships, partake in programming and dialogue that is mindful of issues surrounding Afrikan culture,
and provides students with opportunities to be involved in the Los Angeles community.
“Afrikan” is spelled with a “k” rather than a “c” to symbolize the reunion of Afrikan people worldwide.
“Diaspora” refers to any group that has dispersed outside its traditional homeland.
All students, regardless of cultural heritage or major, are invited to join in on the rich exploration of
The Afrikan Diaspora LLC is located in Rieber Hall.
- 12th Annual Black History Extravaganza: Join us for a night full of celebration of Black history
and culture through song, dance, and spoken word.
- 50 Shades of Black(ness): Join us for constructive dialogue about the various levels of
Black(ness). Residents on our floor identify with different cultures within the Afrikan spectrum.
This event is to understand the multitude of these cultures and to learn more about the different
“shades of Black(ness).
- “Get Schooled” Representation in Education: This event is aimed to facilitate an open dialogue
about diversity in higher education.
- Sip & Paint: Come de-stress your midterms by painting your things that inspire you.
- “4north is a place where family is formed. A sense of belonging and community extends beyond
one’s time living on the floor”
- “A life changing experience where you’ll meet friends you’ll have for life”
- “I’d describe the floor as really fun, open, and being in a living learning community makes it so
you’re more open to hanging out with each other.”
- “Home away from home”
Affiliated Student Organizations
- Afrikan Student Union
- East African Student Association
- Nigerian Student Union
- Afrikan Women’s Collective
- Academic Supports Program
- Afrikan Arts Ensemble
Email us at email@example.com