El pueblo unido jamás será vencido. The Chicanx/Latinx LLC ensures equal access to academic resources in an environment that understands where you’re coming from. Embracing and celebrating dozens of Latinx cultures, this floor carries the long tradition of Latinx activism and unity on the UCLA campus and values the fair and accurate representation of its residents. Through participation in this community, students will gain a deeper understanding of the issues and events affecting Chicanx / Latinx society. The “x” symbol is used to be gender-inclusive.
All students, regardless of cultural heritage or major, are invited to join in on the colorful immersion of Chicanx/Latinx culture.
- Semana de Sabor: Come out & make lots of delicious food this whole week! We’ll have a variety of activities & foods to make.
*¡Noche de Lotería!: Come out and join us for noche de lotería!!! We’ll have UCLA swag, so you don’t want to miss out on this event! Save your frijolitos for your lucky cards!
- Dia de los Muertos: Celebrate the tradition of Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) by decorating sugar skulls, face painting, watching live performances on folkloric dance and mariachi, and creating an altar for loved ones.
- End-of-Quarter Pachanga: Come and party with your LLC as we get down and celebrate the end of the quarter. We will have games, karaoke, and food! You heard it right. There will be food from all over Latin America. Come taste the sweet, spice & everything nice.
- Self-Care Mondaze: Come out & paint some canvas art as we listen to come relaxing tunes!
- “This floor is like your home away from home. You could go into the restroom and hear banda and instantly feel at home.”
- “The Chicanx/Latinx floor really helped me transition into college. Coming to such a huge university like UCLA, it is easy to feel lost amongst all of the people but having a community like the Chicanx/Latinx floor really grounds you. The support and love from this community has definitely made my experience at UCLA magnitudes better.”
- “Being on the Chicanx / Latinx floor gave me my confidence back. It gave me a sense of identity and reminded me why I was at UCLA in the first place.”
Affiliated Student Organizations
Email us at email@example.com