The Sustainability Living Learning Community provides a living and learning environment that encourages students to consciously expand their awareness and apply their knowledge of sustainability through environmental responsibility and advocacy. This community focuses on the social, economic, political, and scientific issues affecting our Earth’s urban, rural, and global environment. The Sustainability Living Learning Community provides students with opportunities to work alongside campus partners in both structured and informal methods to explore ways in which UCLA students can lead more sustainable lifestyles.
All students, regardless of major, are invited to participate in this community as we explore different methods of sustainability and how it affects the world around us.
The Sustainable Living Experience
The Sustainability LLC is located in Rieber Hall.
- Kayaking and Beach Day: Spend a day at the UCLA Marina kayaking with your new best friends and then head to Dockweiler Beach for a campfire, vegan s’mores, and plenty of sun!
- Vegan Cupcake Cooking Night: Cook up a good time at the Hitchen with some vegan sweets and a movie!
- Planting Party: Join your floormates starting a floor garden at Sunset Recreation, care for the baby plants, and reap the harvests!
- Energy Games Kickoff: Bring your very own great event ideas to fruition working with your floormates to plan the massive hill-wide kickoff to the Energy Games Competition! Then sit back and watch the energy savings roll in.
- Athens Recycling Facility Tour: See firsthand where UCLA’s recyclables go to be sorted and processed into new products!
- “Living on the Sustainable Living floor has been a great way to connect with floormates because you already know you have a common interest. Even if you don’t know anything about being green, it’s a fun place to live.”
- “We’re focused and do fun things. We have plants on our floor and that’s nice; I like looking at our lounge and seeing our plants in the pots that our floor painted.”
- “For a greener future!”
Affiliated Community Organizations
Email us at email@example.com