Gender, Sexuality, and Society
The Gender, Sexuality, and Society Community provides a living and learning environment to raise awareness and educate students around topics of gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual health, and social justice. This community creates a safe and supportive space for students from all backgrounds to openly share their ideologies and work collaboratively toward mutual learning and understanding of each other.
All students, regardless of identity or major, are invited to participate on the floor as topics of gender and sexual orientation are discussed in a safe, inclusive, and supportive environment.
- 10th Annual Queer Culture Night: Celebrate a night of queer culture and become educated on various fields such as gender studies and LGBT studies through performance and art.
- GSS Talent Show: Come partake in a talent show that showcases residents’ talents such as music, drama, and spoken word.
- Paris is Burning Film Screening & Discussion: Watch a documentary about the New York LGBT underground ball scene and see how LGBT people use the arts as a coping mechanism from the rejection experienced in a heteronormative society.
- All You Need Is Love: Get educated about topics of sexual health and what it means to be an LGBTQ ally.
- Karaoke & Queer Music Night: Come sing karaoke! Learn about different queer musicians and how queerness has influenced the music industry.
- 2nd Annual Queer Academy Peertorship Kickoff: Get to know your peertors, network with queer grad school students and queer alumni working professionals, engage in fun bonding activities, and learn about upcoming events and activities planned out for the Peertorship program. Sponsored by the LGBT Resource Center and Queer Alliance.
- “I have learned quite a bit living on this floor and it has challenged me in new ways.”
- “It’s been a privilege to live in the Gender, Sexuality, and Society Theme Community in every sense of the word.”
Affiliated Student Organizations
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org