Gender, Sexuality, & Society
The Gender, Sexuality, & Society community provides a living and learning environment to raise awareness and educate students around topics of gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual health, and social justice. This community creates a safe and supportive space that welcomes and celebrates every intersection of a student’s identity.
All students, regardless of identity or major, are invited to participate on the floor as topics of gender identity and sexual orientation are discussed in a safe, inclusive, and supportive environment.
The Gender, Sexuality, & Society LLC is located in De Neve Acacia.
- 10th Annual Queer Culture Night: Celebrate a night of queer culture and become educated on various fields such as gender studies and LGBT studies through performance and art.
- GSS Talent Show: Come partake in a talent show that showcases residents’ talents such as music, drama, and spoken word.
- Paris is Burning Film Screening & Discussion: Watch a documentary about the New York LGBT underground ball scene and see how LGBT people use the arts as a coping mechanism from the rejection experienced in a heteronormative society.
- Queer Prom: Come to this fun, inclusive prom where all students can have the typical “prom” experience in a safe, welcoming environment.
- Karaoke & Queer Music Night: Come sing karaoke! Learn about different queer musicians and how queerness has influenced the music industry.
- 2nd Annual Queer Academy Peertorship Kickoff: Get to know your peertors, network with queer grad school students and queer alumni working professionals, engage in fun bonding activities, and learn about upcoming events and activities planned out for the Peertorship program. Sponsored by the LGBT Resource Center and Queer Alliance.
- GSS Book Club: Read books by various queer authors and engage in a discussion with other residents on how these books relate to our own personal identities.
- “I have learned quite a bit living on this floor and it has challenged me in new ways.”
- “It’s been a privilege to live in the Gender, Sexuality, and Society Theme Community in every sense of the word.”
Affiliated Student Organizations
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org