The Global Health Community aims to unify students interested in the health sciences and aspiring pre-health majors. Through participation in this community, students will gain an increased awareness of topics relating to medicine and health-related careers, as well as gain access to global health programming, resources, and support for those wishing to learn more about opportunities in the field of health sciences. This community focuses on spreading awareness of on-campus organizations and programs that gear towards subjects such as medical school, alternative medicine, genetics, health policy, and society’s role in global health.
All students, regardless of major, are invited to participate in this community as we examine the role health plays in national, global, and social issues.
- Got Global Health?: Come learn about pressing global health issues, engage in discussion, and participate in hands-on activities with other residents!
- Super CPR: Learn CPR in this free class and be better prepared for emergency situations. You’ll receive a certification from the American Heart Association upon class completion.
- UC Global Health Day Student Mixer: Come network with students from other University of California campuses who are visiting UCLA for the annual UC Global Health Day! Meet undergraduates who are interested in global health and learn about more ways to get involved.
- Love, Labor, Loss: Watch a short documentary and hear from guest faculty members in the field of maternal and infant health! Learn about how people around the world are affected by these issues and what you can do to get involved.
- D5 Gets Creative - Art & Global Health: Come paint, draw, or use mixed media to unleash your creativity and make a canvas wall art piece to display in your room! Learn about how art can be used to raise awareness of global health issues.
- Nutrition Essentials Workshop: Learn how to easily incorporate healthy eating habits, such as balancing various types of foods, into your daily routine.
- “I chose to live this year in the Global Health Theme Community primarily because of the people. The floor has become an incredibly supportive and diverse family.”
- “I have never met a more diverse and amazing group of people. It’s wonderful to have the opportunity to be in a community that’s comprised of people who are all so different, though for the most part have very similar goals for the future. Everyone is so supportive of one another and the entire floor feels like one big team and family.”
- “Living on the Global Health floor has given me and fellow floormates first-hand access to speak with current medical students, network with health school administrators, and discover our role in conquering global health obstacles. I would not have learned and grown as much as I did were it not for the amazing people I befriended on the Global Health floor.”
- “Being part of the Global Health Theme Community has provided me with valuable opportunities to be immersed in this highly relevant and pivotal theme. I feel that the knowledge and experience that I have gained from the programs, such as community health fair volunteering and dinner conversations about Latin American healthcare with the UCLA Blum Center, has not only prepared me to interact with the diversity of people in the medical profession, but also inspired me to take action against global health issues existing today.”
Affiliated Student Organizations
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org